Welcome to my creative space!
Hello dear friends, I'm so happy to share my first mini slimline card with you featuring the beautiful Amazing Paper Grace Sweet Leaf Mini Slimline (S5-508) die set. This fabulous leafy background die is perfect to layer under shabby chic florals and stamped images.
I've used papers from 49 and Market for the background and to die cut the leafy layer. This die set includes a set of three tiny blossoms that are so sweet. I mostly used Little Birdie Crafts flowers for my cluster, but created three of the die cut flowers to tuck in around the edges. I fussy cut the lovely butterfly and tag from a sweet image page included with the 49 and Market Sherbet Collection then stamped and hand cut images using the Tim Holtz Field Notes rubber stamp set.
Be sure to scroll down through the "Tips and Techniques" section below for close-ups and all the details on how to create this shabby mini slimline card.
Thank you Amazing Paper Grace for providing the dies used in this project.
Tips and Techniques
Here you can see how beautiful this leafy die cut is layered behind the cluster. I adore the subtle grungy pattern on this peachy paper along with the gradation of color giving a subtle ombre effect. The coordinating paper below is so lovely with these teals, greens and yellows. I've pulled the greens and teals into my embellishments. I cut this piece 1/4 inch larger than the die cut to leave a 1/8" border. I cut a piece of white cardstock another 1/4" larger to create a framed border around the card and inked the edges lightly with Rusty Hinge Distress Oxide Ink.
The sherbet paper pack included some beautiful coordinating images to fussy cut including this butterfly and ticket. The ticket had a nice open space, so I stamped the birthday sentiment and inked it in coordinating colors to place on the ticket. The beautiful flowers and dimensional butterfly are from Little Birdie Crafts.
To fill in around the cluster I stamped several images from the Tim Holtz Field Notes stamp set onto a scrap of the background paper using Ground Espresso Archival Ink. The section I stamped on was a little light, so I added a bit more color by rubbing on Bundled Sage, Peeled Paint, and Evergreen Bough Distress Inks, then fussy cut the images to add to the cluster. The number image is edged with more of the Ground Espresso Archival Ink.
I just adore texture, so used Matte Gel Medium to add a few Mint To Be Prills around the edges of the cluster.
I die cut three of the small blossoms from the Sweet Leaf Mini Slimline set from the same paper used for the leafy background. I inked the edges with more of the Rusty Hinge Oxide Ink, and inked up some paper using Bundled Sage blended with Peeled Paint Distress Ink to use for die cutting the centers. I shaped the flowers and added a prill to the center of each blossom. They would have gotten lost placed against the background, so I was sure to place them on the green stamped and fussy cut images to be more visible.
One final look.
Amazing Paper Grace Dies:
- 49 and Market ~ Blessings Spectrum Sherbet Collection - 6 x 8 Collection Pack
- Core'dinations ~ Cardstock 110lb, White - 8.5 x 11"
- Ranger ~ Distress Ink: Bundled Sage; Peeled Paint; Evergreen Bough
- Ranger ~ Distress Oxide Ink: Rusty Hinge
- Ranger ~ Distress Archival Ink: Ground Espresso
- Tim Holtz with Stampers Anonymous ~ Field Notes
- Close to my Heart ~ Short & Sweet Sentiments
- Finnabair with Prima ~ Soft Matte Gel
- Little Birdie Crafts ~ Woodland Stories - Wendy
- Little Birdie Crafts ~ Woodland Stories - Marina
- Brad ~ From my stash
- Tim Holtz with Ranger ~ Blessings ~ Distress Collage Medium
- Tombow ~ Mono MULTI Liquid Glue
- Helmar ~ 450 Quick Dry Adhesive
- Beacon ~ 3-IN-1 Advanced Craft Glue
- Beacon ~ Fabri-Tac
- Helmar ~ ZapDots: 1/4" Black
- Spellbinders ~ Platinum 6
- Tim Holtz with Tonic Studios ~ Haberdashery Scissor - 5 Inches
Thank you Little Birdie Crafts for supplying products used to create this card.