Christmas is such a heartwarming time of the year and this candlelit lantern in the Amazing Paper Grace Holiday Label Motifs die set represents this feeling so perfectly. Don't you just adore how the beautiful label looks like rays of warm candlelight radiating from the flame? The gorgeous poinsettias and foliage dies are included in this fabulous set.
Be sure to scroll down through my Tips and Techniques section for close-ups and all the details on how to create this cozy Christmas card.
If you would like to see more Christmas and cardmaking inspiration, please visit my Scrapbook.com gallery HERE.
Thank you Amazing Paper Grace for providing the dies used in this project.
13 dies are included in the Holiday Label Motifs Set.
I selected Christmas paper from my stash to diecut for this card. The warm yellow gold is perfect to represent rays of light coming from the candle. It's paired with gorgeous teal to create the label design that pops against the light text background which is cut to 3 5/8 by 5 5/8 inches. A piece of pattered teal is cut slightly larger than the background to create the frame which is 4 x 6 inches.
These gorgeous poinsettias are cut from a warm dark red and inked with Ground Espresso Distress Ink before shaping. Once shaped, I adhered two layers together offsetting the petals. The centers are filled with Third Place Prills for berries.
***Tip*** I enjoy keeping my hands busy if I watch a bit of television in the evening, so cut and ink my petals in my studio, then shape and put them together while watching a show.
The holly leaves and foliage are cut from green patterned paper and inked with forrest moss. The foliage pieces are left flat.
Texture is added by brushing soft gel medium over the foliage below the poinesttia blossoms and sprinkling on more of the prills and champagne colored chunky glass glitter.
This gorgeous lantern is cut from black Metallic Kraft-stock and lightly dry brushed with Finnabair Vintage Gold Metallique Wax for a vintage feel.
The candle flame is cut from the same warm yellow paper then brushed with clear Wink of Stella to give a flickering effect.
Inking paper edges gives a soft vintage shabby chic feel, so the yellow paper is inked with fossilized Amber and Rust Hinge, the teal with Ground Espresso, and the light text paper with Hickory Smoke.
The sweet sentiment is from the Seasonal Motif Sentiments stamp set (STP-150) and stamped with Evergreen Bough Distress Archival Ink. I hand cut the sentiment.
***Tip*** I attempted to stamp the sentiment directly to the light script background paper, but it wasn't quite straight. If this happens to you, there's no need to start over, simply stamp the sentiment onto a coordinating paper and adhere it over the "mistake."
How is your holiday card making coming along? I hope you've been inspired to create a homey Christmas card for someone special.
Below you can find the products I used to create this project including some with compensated affiliate links to Scrapbook.com and Spellbinders. These links are at absolutely no cost to you. When you shop through the links below, I receive a small commission from the companies. These commissions help me cover the costs of my blog and other expenses, which allows me to continue to provide you with FREE inspiration along with detailed Tips and Techniques provided for every project. Thank you so much for your love and support!
Amazing Paper Grace
- Ranger Ink - Tim Holtz - Distress Ink Pads - Rusty Hinge
- Ranger Ink - Tim Holtz - Distress Ink Pads - Frayed Burlap
- Ranger Ink - Tim Holtz - Distress Ink Pads - Forest Moss
- Ranger Ink - Tim Holtz - Distress Ink Pads - Mini Kit - Fourteen (Hickory Smoke)
- Ranger Ink - Tim Holtz - Distress Ink Pads - Mini Kit - Thirteen (Fossilized Amber)
- Ranger Ink - Tim Holtz - Distress Archival Ink Pads - Mini Kit 04 (Evergreen Bough)
- Prima - Finnabair Collection - Art Alchemy - Metallique Wax - Vintage Gold
- Kuretake - ZIG - Memory System - Wink of Stella II - Clear
- Prima Marketing - Finnabair - Art Basics - Soft Matte Gel
- US Artiest - Mini Prills - Third Place
- Stampendous - Chunky Glass Glitter - Champagne
- Tombow - Mono Multi Liquid Glue
- Scrapbook.com - Clear Double Sided Adhesive Roll - 1/4 Inch - Permanent
- Scrapbook.com - Double Sided Adhesive Foam Roll - 1/4 Inch
- Beacon - 3-IN-1: Fabri-Tac
- Scotch - Quick Dry Adhesive
- New & Improved Platinum Six Machine with Universal Plate System - Spellbinders
- Spellbinders - Platinum 6 - Die Cutting and Embossing Machine with Universal Plate System - New and Improved - Scrapbook.com
- EK Success - EK Tools - Craft Tweezers
- Sizzix - Tim Holtz - Making Tool - Shaping Kit - Black
- Tonic Studios - Tim Holtz - Haberdashery Scissor - 5 Inches
- Tonic Studios - Tim Holtz - 12.25 Inch Maxi Guillotine Trimmer
- Sizzix - Tim Holtz - Alterations Collection - Sidekick - Starter Kit - Black
- Maker Forte - Maker Tool Kit Collection - To The Point - Bone Folder - Teflon
- Dress My Craft - Multi-Purpose Scoring Board - 12 x 12