Our son was married to his beautiful bride, Rachel, in December. One of my favorite photos was this wonderful shot of their wedding rings placed on the open pages of Scripture.
The gorgeous Prima paper and embellishments were a perfect backdrop for my photos.
My mother used to have a doily under every plant, picture frame and nicknack in our house! Doilies are back and being put to good use on our scrapbook layouts and paper crafts! Show us fun and unique ways to use a doily! It can be a pre-made or home made doily.
Our Sponsor this Month is:
I hope you have been inspired to create a layout using those doilies you've had stashed away for that special project. So head on over to ScrapFIT to see the doily inspired layouts by our talented design team and to link up your project.
Doily Flower ~ I created this flower using vintage dictionary pages, a vintage map page, kraft tissue paper, a doily and layers of tulle. Because these materials would not cut well on my Cricut, I cut a 6 inch scalloped circle from my Art Philosophy cartridge to use as a template to hand cut each layer. I misted the papers with water and scrunched them, then dried them with my heat tool to give the lovely distressed wrinkled look. I then misted all of the layers except the white tulle with brown and green Tattered Angels glimmer mists. I used a small brad to hold the layers together so that I could scrunch and arrange my layers and then added the gorgeous Prima pebble to the center. I surrounded my flower with a Prima Say it with Pearls flourish that I cut into two pieces to use on either side of the flower. I also fussy cut some white lace pieces for the corner.
I used a tutorial by our oh so talented sponsor, Vicki Alberto, along with a video tutorial at this link from the Donna Salazar blog by Leah's Scrapbook Room as my inspiration for this flower. If you have access to a 6 inch scalloped circle die for the Accucut machine, like in the video, that would make these flowers a breeze to put together.
Masking with Flexible Modeling Paste ~ I was so excited to find the Crafter's Workshop chicken wire mask on a recent trip to Archivers that I had to use it on my next layout. I sprayed the back of the mask with Krylon Easy-Tack and let it dry, then placed it on my paper where I wanted the mask. I spread a thin layer of flexible modeling paste over a portion of the mask where the design fit nicely with my patterned paper. My paper looked kind of warped, but as it dried, it flattened back out again. It did take a long time to dry - over night. Once dry, I rubbed some coordinating Distress Ink over top and used the Prima Screen stamp behind where I planned to place my larger flower. Oh, and I also used the Prima Moulin Rouge stamp behind the locket.
Photo Mat ~ I found a box that had this tiny corrugation and quickly nabbed it for my scrapbook stash. I peeled the top layer off to expose the corrugation - leaving some bits and pieces behind for texture. I used a foam brush to paint the edges with antique white (I wanted the natural color to show in the grooves and a regular paint brush got paint down in those grooves while the foam brush did a nice job of applying paint just to the top edges.), then highlighted with some pink and brown distress ink. The lovely Prima Resin corners were painted and then I rubbed off some of the paint for a distressed look. The locket and gorgeous gems on my banner flowers are also by Prima. I had a tiny ball chain in my stash that I rubbed some black paint into, ran through the locket and wound across the flower banner.
Flower Banner ~ this was so easy peasy. I simply took Prima flowers, folded them in half and ran a Martha Stewart satin cord across the page along the branch in the paper and used jump rings to hang the gems in the center of each flower.
Butterflies ~ I cut these butterflies with the Alterations Butterflies Movers die, then used the same techniques described for my photo mat. I fashioned the antennae using wrapped wire from the floral department and added adhesive pearls for the body.
Title ~ I painted and inked a Want2Scrap Nestaboard Fancy Tag, cut letters from grungepaper and painted them with metallic paint before adhering to the tag.
I have entered this at:
Bird is the Word
~ Future Challenge
City Crafter Challenge Blog
~ Week 107 Text and Tulle: Text - dictionary page in flower, text on focal paper, and in the photo itself; Tulle - in large layered flower. **
~ #167 Use Butterflies **
Use it Tuesday
~ Challenge #30 April Showers: I used spring flowers, The pink flowers and adhesive pearls are at least 2 years in my stash, the dictionary pages come from a dictionary I've had for 18 years and the map pages 10 years, the cardboard isn't new, but rescued from the recycling bin. **
~ Stamped Background: I stamped the backgrounds behind the flower with a screen mesh stamp, and behind the locket with a lace stamp. **
Scrap It Girl
~ April Showers Bring the "May Flowers" Challenge: I created the layered flower using a template from my Art Philosophy cartridge, and Prima flowers for my banner/trinket flowers. **
Thanks for dropping by. I treasure your comments!
~ Blessings ~