Welcome to my creative space!
There's just something so sweet about a winter snowman or in this case snowgirl. This wintry Christmas card features the fabulous Amazing Paper Grace S5-533 Let It Snowman A2 Card Front die set.
When our children were young, we lived in North Carolina and didn't get those heavy wet snows that are perfect for building a snowman very often, but when we did we bundled up to build a huge snowman in our front yard and just like this die set, he had a wintry scarf, fun hat, rock eyes, and a carrot nose. We lived on a quaint but busy street and got lots of shout-outs by passersby. This sweet die set reminds me of those lovely wintry days in the snow with our children.
I just couldn't resist decorating her in a pink floral hat and scarf which is so beautiful against the snowy blue background. The snowbank is hand cut from the same white glitter paper used to die cut the fluttering snowflakes.
For more close-ups and all the details on how to create this card, be sure to scroll down through the Tips and Techniques section below.
Thank you Amazing Paper Grace for providing the dies used in this project.
11 Dies are included in the Let It Snowman A2 Card Front set.
The body of the snowgirl is cut from the 49 and Market Holiday Wishes collection. I just adore the sweet blues and text that gives so much dimension to our wintry girl and it lightened up to nearly white for her darling face.
The other patterned papers used for the background pieces, hat, and scarf come from the Sweet Winter Backgrounds Paper Collection from Stamperia and work so beautifully with this darling die set. The snowy blue is so perfect behind the snowgirl and the wood grain pattern creates a lovely frame for the image.
Our snowgirl is embellished with a pink floral scarf and hat. The carrot nose is cut from pale pink cardstock and inked with Dried Marigold and Hickory Smoke Distress inks to give it the carrot orange color. I didn't have pale orange cardstock, so used what I have on hand to create the right color.
Her eyes are embellished with black rhinestones to look like lumps of coal, and a piece of black cardstock is place behind the circles forming her smile. For some added bling, a few clear rhinestones in different sizes are added to the scarf, tip of her hat and her snowflake belly.
The snowflakes are cut from white glitter paper and centered with a clear rhinestone for extra sparkle. The snowdrift is hand-cut from more of the white glitter paper.
The banner for the sentiment is cut from a darker teal cardstock and the die-cut sentiment is backed in white.
I just adore the die cut detail in the frame above the banner and wanted to make sure it was visible, so backed it with a piece of coordinating blue patterned paper. The fabulous design would have gotten lost had it been up against the white glitter paper.
The gorgeous frame die is designed to fit an A2 card, but I cut a larger card base to allow more of the snowy blue paper to accent the card then framed it with a sliver of the dark teal cardstock used for the banner to tie everything together.
Below you can find the products I used to create this project including some with compensated affiliate links to Scrapbook.com and Spellbinders. These links are at absolutely no cost to you. When you shop through the links below, I receive a small commission from the companies. These commissions help me cover the costs of my blog and other expenses, which allows me to continue to provide you with FREE inspiration along with detailed Tips and Techniques provided for every project. Thank you so much for your love and support!
Amazing Paper Grace Sets:
- 49 and Market - ARToptions Holiday Wishes Collection - 6 x 8 Collection Pack
- Stamperia - Sweet Winter - Backgrounds Selection - 8x8"
- Core'dinations - 8.5 x 11 Cardstock - Value Pack: White, 110lb
- Sizzix - Surfacez Collection - 8 x 11.5 - Pearl and Glitter Cardstock Pack - Festive Colors - 60 Pack
- Stash - Cardstock - Dark Teal; Pale Pink
- Stash - Rhinestones - Clear; Black
- New & Improved Platinum Six Machine with Universal Plate System - Spellbinders
- Spellbinders - Platinum 6 - Die Cutting and Embossing Machine with Universal Plate System - New and Improved - Scrapbook.com
- EK Success - EK Tools - Craft Tweezers
- Tonic Studios - Tim Holtz - 12.25 Inch Maxi Guillotine Trimmer
- Sizzix - Tim Holtz - Alterations Collection - Sidekick - Starter Kit - Black
- Maker Forte - Maker Tool Kit Collection - To The Point - Bone Folder - Teflon
- Dress My Craft - Multi-Purpose Scoring Board - 12 x 12
- Tonic Studios - Tim Holtz - Non-Stick Micro Serrated Scissors - 7 Inches
Thank so much for stopping by to view this darling wintry Christmas card.
I hope you've been inspired.
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to stop by and leave a message! I treasure your comments.