Friday, August 30, 2013

"Summer Sunset"

Each season has its particular beauty, and a summer sunset at the beach has its own special glory. This photo was taken last summer when Gary and I went to the East Coast for our 30th anniversary. One evening we went to the beach and boardwalk of Atlantic City. The Boardwalk held little attraction for me, but the beauty of the sea was just amazing and this 7 Dots Studio 9th Wave Collection was just perfect to showcase it along with Really Reasonable Ribbon and RRR's new Wild Orchid Crafts Mulberry Flowers

"Summer Sunset"

I'm posting this over at the August Sketch Challenge up at Dusty Attic with inspiration from Mistra's gorgeous sketch which I've turned as shown: 


Tips and Techniques: 
I painted the leafy DA chipboard flourishes with several shades of metallic Lumiere paint, then added some gold Shimmerz Blingz to highlight. 

Another DA Chipboard piece that reminds me of floating sea grass. 

I created this triple loop bow with Sheer Iridescent Blue/Green Organza Ribbon by May Arts. I used a variation of Ginny's Double Loop Bow Tutorial found here

Included in my cluster are some of Bonnie's new Wild Orchid Crafts Mulberry Flowers which are a new offering at RRR. Here I've used the White Sweetheart Bossoms, White/Cream Cherry Blossoms, and the White 30mm Wild Roses

Here you can see another of the Sweetheart Blossoms tucked in with a Petaloo flower and Spellbinders Foliage leaves that remind me of seaweed. 

Here's a close-up of the mixed media I applied to my background - a blending of molding paste with a Prima stencil, mist, and Shimmerz Blingz. You can see my misted lace as well using a couple different mists.

Really Reasonable Ribbon Products:

Other Products Used:
7 Dot's Studios ~ 9th Wave Collection
Creative Imaginations Alpha Stickers
Dusty Attic Swirly Vine #2 ~ DA0621
Dusty Attic Corner Flourish #3 ~ DA0623
Petaloo Flowers
Manor House ~ Winter's Song Log Cabin Flowers
Lumiere Paint
Shimmerz Blingz
Liquitex Gesso, Flexible Modeling Paste
Golden Molding Paste
Heidi Swapp Color Shine
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist
Mister Hueys Mist 
Ranger Distress Ink
Tim Holtz ~ Washers Border Die
Spellbinders ~ Foliage Die
Prima Stencil ~ Flourish
Distrezz-it-All
Big Shot
Ranger Craft Mat
Fiskars Craft Knife and Self-Healing Mat
Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive

Follow on Bloglovin

Thanks for stopping by! I treasure your comments.

~ Blessings ~

45 comments:

  1. My jaw is on the floor...lol!
    You have created a gorgeous piece of work. I love the the colors (even though they are not purple.haha)and all that shiny gold....yummy!
    This is definitely one of my favorites.

    Happy Crafting
    Tracie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your sweet words, Tracie!! ~ Blessings

      Delete
  2. Wow wow wowwwwwwwwwwww!! This is STUNNING! I loveeeeee that photo, the colors and loving the flowers!! WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Tracey, sooo many beautiful details.. love the photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your always amazing way of adding details to both cards and lo's never stops to amaze me. This is fabolous!
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing layout! Your details are sublime!!! I love those little white coral bits... beautiful artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous layout, Tracey! Such wonderful colors, and your ribbon and lace are so beautiful! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just had to stop and stare. What an Amazing Photo Shot of God's Beauty and your creation is .....A+WESOME!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Princess. Yes, the ocean really is an amazing picture of God's beauty!! ~ Blessings

      Delete
  8. Oh wow, this is magical, Tracey!! I feel so peaceful looking at this!! The colors are perfect for a stunning picture of the ocean!! What a gorgeous, gorgeous piece of art!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!! your layers and colors are sooo pretty!!!! such a gorgeous ocean page and photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is officially my fave of yours-just,wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracey!! You've seen a lot of my work, so this means a lot! ~ Blessings

      Delete
  11. Oh my goodness, this is amazing! I'd frame it and use it as a focal point of my home! I agree, this is an absolute fave!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Swoon! Absolutely gorgeous, girl! LOVE how the teals and purples play off that photo so perfectly, and the bits of shimmery gold are AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh that's pretty! 3 dimensional.........draws you in!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful projects! I love the ocean theme!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Tracey this is awesome!! Love your interpretation of the sketch and the colors are just divine!! Stunning and my new fave!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tracey, this is pure eye-candy bliss .... absolutely stunning

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness Tracey this is absolutely STUNNING!! Wow the colors, texture and layered embellies are amazing! You created so much dimension, makes me feel as if Im walking toward the beach to look out at the beautiful ocean. I cant really express how amazing this is!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Goodness. This is breathtaking. From the colours to the textures. Just pure perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning page. Tracey! I saw it at Sb,com and I was in awe! love all the gorgeous details...Awesome work!!! hugs!!!xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness. I am blown away by the beauty of your page. You scrapped the photo of the amazing sunset beautifully and as always, with such creativity. You have such a wonderful style and I love seeing your layouts! You rocked this sketch!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet and kind, Sharon!! Thanks! ~ Blessings

      Delete
  21. great layout tracey, lots of love went into this one, it show's well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and leave a message! I treasure your comments.