Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Love Sweet Elizabeth details for ScrapThat!

It was a sad day when I received the news that Kaitlyn had created her final kit for ScrapThat! I've had an amazing time creating with these lovely kits and the creative, talented, and sweet Design Team there. Each of you ladies will always have a special place in my heart!! 

The ScrapThat! Store is open, so you can purchase this kit and all available retired kits here

I took a step back in time to create this page featuring a baby photo of our daughter, Elizabeth. Isn't her spiky hair adorable!! Yes, she is the one I've been scrapping all the wedding photos of. Boy oh boy the time flies by so quickly. Enjoy every moment you can with your children as they grow up, because they will find their way to adulthood and be on their own all too soon!! 

"Love Sweet Elizabeth"
MK


Tips and Techniques:

The August kit includes a handful of white rose petals. I melted the edges with a candle flame to curl them in, then glued them to a circle of paper to create this white focal flower. I put a small paper rose in the center cut with Donna Salazar's Bitty Blossoms Spellbinder dies. I clustered some of the pink and purple kit flowers with it around the edge of my photo. 

Here's a close-up of the cluster below the white rose. I dry brushed the kit flowers with white gesso. You can see here how I fussy cut the frame from this gorgeous Maja Paper. I cut around the flowers to include them in the frame. I glued microbeads to the cherry blossom centers for added dimension. Spanish moss is included in the kit which I tucked in around the flowers. 


I wanted to do something creative with the Pink Paislee circle mat, so I pulled out my crocheting skills from my crafty days. I cut off one strip of the circles, dry brushed them with white gesso, then crocheted this lace onto the rings using ivory cotton crochet thread, then embellished with the Want2Scrap pearls included in the MK. Each of these gorgeous Maja papers has a decorative strip at the bottom. The butterfly paper below the rings is one of those strips layered with more strips cut from these gorgeous papers. 

To stretch the pink flowers I pulled some of them apart giving me a tiny rose bud and small open rose. I added a pearl to finish off the center of the small open blossom. I love how the crystal pieces add subtle sparkle. I just glued them down around the clusters. 



I am always keeping my eyes open for clearanced jewelry findings and have an entire drawer of odds and ends to incorporate into my pages. This scrolled metal piece is a jewelry link. I pulled an organza ribbon through each end and tied the ends of the ribbon with loose knots. 


You can see more of my fussy cut frame here. The background of this paper had been a beige calendar, and I thought this yellow dot paper would be a perfect background to pick up the yellows in my photo. 

This corner needed something so I pulled out another jewelry link, this time square. I cut up scraps of my kit paper into these little banner flags. I layered the flags, metal piece tied with more organza ribbon, and a couple rose medallions cut from the kit ribbon topped with pearls. 

I used several stencils with gesso to add subtle design to my background. Here you can see the chevrons, and at the bottom I've used Donna Salazar's Want2Scrap Alphabet and Heart Stencils. 


I have a small collection of Fran-tage embossing powders, micas and glitters. I combined several of them to heat emboss on the Maya Road butterfly included in the kit. I topped it with a metal butterfly from my jewelry finding stash that I drybrushed and rubbed with white gesso. The white medallion and Prima resin corner are also from my stash. 

The layered photo frame is a mix of papers distressed with my Donna Salazar Distrezz-It-All and others punched and embellished with the lavender kit pearls. 


I stitched this border around the page and just adore the gorgeous rose lace included in the main kit. 

Just a reminder that our mid-month challenge has been posted at Really Reasonable Ribbon. Challenge #78 is to create a project using the colors pink and brown along with ribbon. I hope you'll join us for the challenge. You can link up your project here. You can purchase beautiful white organza like I used on my page here.

I have entered this page at:
Word Art Wednesday ~ Challenge #93 - Anything goes

Follow on Bloglovin

Thanks for stopping by! I treasure your comments.

~ Blessings ~

44 comments:

  1. Such beautiful work! Love the crocheting that you did on the PP rings. I had wondered about that and never got a chance to ask you. I am sorry that our time together at ST is over but look forward to hopefully working with you again in the future. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandi!! I had fun crocheting the lace and it would be amazing to work with you again some time!! ~ Blessings

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness! All the details to this layout are absolutely amazing! Beautiful job and what a cute photo of your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!!! sooo gorgeous and soo many pretty things to look at!!!! amazing page

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an adorable page!! it's amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous and soft layout! Beautiful work, Tracy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is gorgeous!! The colors are so beautiful together!! You are amazing with the details!! It's stunning, Tracey!! And what a sweet picture - she's adorable!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, LIsa. You are so kind and I hope you have a lovely day, too! ~ Blessings

      Delete
  7. Just GORGEOUS, Tracey. So many delightful details on this beautiful layout. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week. I pray that God will bless you for sharing your efforts with us. You and your art are always SUCH a blessing to me. I appreciate SO MUCH when you share your lovely creations with us. You have blessed my day!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen. It's always a privilege to join in at Word Art Wednesday!! ~ Blessings

      Delete
  8. Very pretty Tracey. Love the little tab with the ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is TRULY GORGEOUS Tracey... I love that you always give so much info on how you created your BEAUTIFUL creations!! THANKS..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachael, and you are very welcome! ~ Blessings

      Delete
  10. This is soooooooooooooo gorgeous! I love love love the colors, the flowers, the lace...just everything!! WOW!!! So sorry to hear they are closing down though....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear the team is closing Tracey! You've done some beautiful work with the Kits, and I love this gorgeous layout! Such a great use of the different shades of Purple!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning! That fussy cutting - how you fussied up the flowers & MOST OF ALL the crocheting....all beautiful. And you are sooo right - they do grow up way too quickly:):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, LIzzy. I did enjoy creating that bit of crocheted lace. :-) ~ Blessings

      Delete
  13. Oh wow this is so beautiful..I love that adorable photo and the colors you have used are gorgeous.. love the flowers and love your little bits of jewelry too.. this is such a sweet layout.. and yes they do grow up too fast..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness...The crocheted rings are gorgeous! Your pages are like candy to a child....yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OOOh wow... Soooo Pretty!!! I am in awe while looking at every detail on your LO! LOVE IT!
    Toni.. xoxo
    http://toniherron.aussieblogs.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  16. So soft, so pretty ... adore your colour scheme and that photo is just so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So soft and pretty. I love the lilac and yellow together.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really soft and pretty. You have an amazing eye for little details. Every one of your layouts is masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Tracey you are doing the most amazing work this year. Every piece is a masterpiece!! Kudos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, I just love the purple and yellow and gray palette here! SO have to remember that! And the bits of crochet and pearls and... well, EVERYTHING... is perfectly phenomenal! LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet and kind words, Jinny! ~ Blessings

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and leave a message! I treasure your comments.