Saturday, August 24, 2013

"Remember"

Remembering is so important. Really, isn't capturing memories a big part of what drives our passion for scrapbooking? It's always so much fun to gather with family and friends to reminisce about the good times we've experienced together. It's also a blessing to remember the times we've had with those who are no longer with us. Earlier this year, beautiful Brittany went home to be with our Lord after a tragic accident. I never had the opportunity to meet her; however, she was active in the youth group our son and sweet daughter-in-law help with. Rachel had just this one photo of them together taken on her cell phone. I wanted to create a special page for Rachel to remember this special day with Brittany along with all the good times they experienced together. 

The Challenge at Once Upon a Sketch is to create a page including journaling with the theme "I'll Never Forget." 

"Remember"

Inspired by this gorgeous sketch:

I have included hidden journaling in the form of a tag attached to the back of my layout. It says. "Rachel, may the memories of Brittany live in your heart forever. You were a special person in her life who meant so much to her." I've also left room on this tag for Rachel to record some of her special memories of their time together. 

Tips and Techniques:
I really enjoyed using the 7 Dots Studio's Messy Head collection for this page. Rachel loves pink, so it was just perfect for this layout. 

The Dusty Attic Bricks fit the brick pattern on this paper perfectly. I topped them with ceramic stucco tinted with Mix'd Media Inx. When dry I misted them with black mist and then painted with gesso tinted with Distress Ink to add just a touch of pink 

The leaves are handcrafted using the Foilage die by Spellbinders. After cutting I crinkled them to form natural leaf veins and inked. 

I used Wild Orchid Crafts Mulberry Flowers now available in the Really Reasonable Ribbon Store. Bonnie carries many varieties, and I think I used nearly all of them on this page. I also included a couple larger flowers from Prima and Petaloo. I dry brushed most of the flowers with gesso and the grey Prima flower was dry brushed with gesso tinted with distress ink. One way to tint gesso or other mediums is to directly apply ink from your ink pad to a non-stick craft mat, then add a spot of gesso or other medium to the mat and mix the two mediums together. If you need more color, just apply more ink to a clean spot on your mat and keep on mixing it in. It's so easy and creates a color to perfectly match your project. 

I colored the Dusty Attic Grass clusters, then applied Designer Dries Clear glue to the tips to adhere microbeads. The triple loop bow is tied with RRR 3/8" White Organza.

Here's a close-up to show the mixed media. I stenciled the Prima crackle design with tinted molding paste. Once dry I misted and dripped some homemade mist around the page. I didn't have a color that worked with this paper collection in my stash, so I mixed drops of several re-inkers with water in a small misting bottle until I came up with this color. I also dripped flecks of teal across the page. 

To add more texture I brushed on a thick coat of matte gel medium and sprinkled on tiny glass marbles. The gel dries clear leaving such wonderful texture and adheres the beads. These little mini marbles really catch the light. When dry I adhered a few scattered pink rhinestones. I also stenciled two clocks, tucked in around the photo. I selected these particular stencils to represent remembering the good times with Brittany and the shattered emotions of those who knew and loved her. 

To extend the photo mat, I die cut, embossed, and inked chipboard. I also tucked in some pretty, decorative lace from my stash under the title. 

I've mentioned before how I enjoy using jewelry finding pieces like this dangling earring piece. I wired the beads to attach to the chains. The Lyndsey Crocheted Lace below this piece is from the RRR Store

Thanks for spending some time with me today. Have you created pages to remember someone special?

I have also entered this at:
Word Art Wednesday Challenge #94 Anything Goes

Follow on Bloglovin

Thanks for stopping by! I treasure your comments.

~ Blessings ~

68 comments:

  1. Great layout and colours as always. Love all the layering

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOOVE that 'jewellery' piece & your brickwork behind the photo...which is, indeed a VERY precious one....fabulous take on this challenge....really stunning:):):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lizzy! I do have fun using my jewelry pieces. :-) ~ Blessings

      Delete
  3. love the clusters of flowers, such amazing work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yah! LOVE the background work and that ceramic stucco stuff looks absolutely yummo! such pretty pretty colours too. thank you so much for sharing this very special page full of loving memories with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comments, Eila!! ~ Blessings

      Delete
  5. This looks beautiful Tracey, I love all the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful tribute page for her to remember her friend by!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee the colors and the flowers!! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. soooo sorry to hear about your loss, what an amazing tribute page!!! totally gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous layout, Tracey! What a beautiful tribute to Brittany ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy smokes girl...your layout turned out gorgeous! But I knew it would! I really enjoyed watching your creative process that day and I can't wait for our next get together!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did get this finished!! :-) I ended up adding quite a few little things. lol I'm looking forward to our next scrappy outing as well!! ~ Blessings

      Delete
  10. What a fabulous layout, Tracey! Love all those background details and the fabulous work on the DA bricks. She is going to treasure this one! High five!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandi!! It was fun working with the DA Bricks! ~ Blessings

      Delete
  11. What a beautiful tribute to her friend! Just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lindo L.O!
    Adorei as cores, detalhes e as técnicas usadas.
    Muito bom gosto!
    Bj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comments, BJ!! Lindo L.O! ~ Blessings

      Delete
  13. I seriously run out of adjectives to describe your work, Tracey!! This is stunning!! The colors are absolutely beautiful and the design is gorgeous!! Love everything about it!! What a sweet layout for your daughter to remember her friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful page! I love the bricks and all the stencil work.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A very beautiful LO, a brilliant take on the sketch, Tracey!! I really enjoy seeing the details... Fantastic work!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Tracey ... this is such a beautiful page, and I can see the love that went into it. What a lovely keepsake for Rachel to remember her dear friend. Love every little detail on this page ... totally stunning!!! God Bless. ox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Margaret. Rachel is very touched by this page. ~ Blessings

      Delete
  17. Awesome job with the mixed media.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous layout Tracey! Love all those beautiful blossoms and texture! Wow! Pure eye candy! Thanks so much for joining along with Once Upon A Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mona!! I appreciate your sweet words! ~ Blessings

      Delete
  19. Absolutely stunning. So love the beautiful feminine colours.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous page Tracey!!! lovely tribute to her, very sad, so sorry.
    Fantastic techniques, love everything!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. beautiful LO Tracey!! lovely design!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Tracey....What a stunning layout, you have such an eye for detail..just Beautiful. Thankyou for sharing the story,so sad! A gorgeous tribute:)

    ps. Thank you so much for your prayers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracey, and you are very welcome! ~ Blessings

      Delete
  23. What a gorgeous page and a wonderful tribute to Brittany. I know that Rachel will treasure this. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a gorgeous LO Tracey! I love the brick and crackle textures and lovely soft colors. The beautiful flowers really make a lovely frame for the picture. A precious gift for your daughter in law to remember the special times they shared.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh wow this is simply beautiful, Tracey!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, what a treasure for your DIL to remember her friend by. Its hushed beauty lets the photo take center stage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Colleen! I'm glad the photo takes the focus!! ~ Blessings

      Delete
  27. So beautiful, Tracey! Thank you! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  28. gorgeous take on the challenge Tracey! Love the soft colors and gorgeous blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh wow. This is just breathtakingly beautiful. You have such a way with textures Tracey!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is amazing Tracey! What a tragic tale!! You have scrapped it so sensitively and beautifully though!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Helen. It was sad, but our Rachel wants to remember Brittany and just loves this page I created for her. ~ Blessings

      Delete
  31. Such a gorgeous layout Tracey, I love the soft tone you used, and so many pretty, girl things, love!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your layout is just fabulous, Tracey!!!!!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a beautiful page you have made...it's perfect as a precious memory page! ...your MM work is exquisite, as always!
    ALSON xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and leave a message! I treasure your comments.