Thursday, August 8, 2013

Birthday Wishes for Donna Salazar Designs

Birthdays are special events in our family, and I enjoy making handcrafted cards to celebrate! Here is one I created for Donna Salazar Designs featuring her GCD Studios Natural Beauty and Family Jean's Collections, along with lots of other Donna Salazar goodies!! 

I want to thank Donna for giving me the opportunity to continue designing with her fabulous products. I'm so excited and honored to be part of this amazing team!


Tips and Techniques:
Donna's Spellbinders Wonderful Wings Dies are my favorite butterfly dies. Here I cut a butterfly shadow from Donna's Want2Scrap Canvas and centered the coordinating Want2Scrap Bling onto the die cut canvas. I rubbed Donna's Clearsnap Mix'd Media Inx in Chiffon and Honey onto the canvas. Donna's Want2Scrap BYOB was just perfect for the butterfly trail. I added a Bitty Blossoms flower for a girlie touch.  

The doily is cut with Spellbinders Ironwork Accents. I wrapped some white metallic cording through each side. 

Have you tried out Donna's GCD Studio's Mixed Media Stax 2 yet? These flowers and leaves are cut with her bitty blossoms dies from the luscious mulberry paper in the Stax. I colored them with Mix'd Media Inx and topped the leaves with gems from Donna's Want2Scrap Build Your Own Bling set. I just love how Donna thinks through each and every product she creates to coordinate with her other product lines. Finally, I dabbed Clearsnap Glue Gloss on the flowers, leaves and around the edges of the card, then sprinkled with Donna's Clearsnap Fairy Dust Glitter. 

I created this girlie birthday word art sentiment in Photoshop. The border was cut with Spellbinders Ironwork accents, and snippets of Donna's Want2Scrap Bling to accent the border. I machine stitched the edges, then made quick work of distressing with my handy dandy Zutter Distrezz-It-All by Donna.

Finally, this girlie grunge card needed just a bit of lace, so I stamped this lovely lace piece using Donna's Art Gone Wild Cotton Lace Stamp with Jasmine Inx, then heat embossed using Clearsnap Jasmine Embossing Powder. I fussy cut it out to tuck into the layers. You can see more of the sparkly Fairy Dust Glitter across the top here. 

Thanks for stopping by today to take a look at my card. I hope you have been inspired to pull out your Donna Salazar products and create a girlie grunge card for one of the special people in your life. 

Product List
Paper:
GCD Studios: Donna Salazar Designs ~ Natural Beauty - Twiggy
GCD Studios: Donna Salazar Designs ~ Family Jeans - Family Eyelet
GCD Studios: Donna Salazar Designs ~ Mix'd Media Stax 2
Stamps:
Art Gone Wild: Donna Salazar Designs ~ Cotton Lace
Color/Inks:
Clearsnap: Donna Salazar Designs ~ Mix'd Media Inx - Honey, Mossy, Chiffon, Jasmine
Clearsnap: Donna Salazar Designs ~ Mix'd Media Inx Embossing Powder - Jasmine
Clearsnap: Donna Salazar Designs ~ Fairy Dust Glitter - Pralines & Cream
Dies:
Spellbinders: Donna Salazar Designs ~ Wonderful Wings
Spellbinders: Donna Salazar Designs ~ Bitty Blossoms
Spellbinders ~ Ironwork Accents
Embellishments:
Want2Scrap: Donna Salazar Designs ~ ATC Canvas
Want2Scrap: Donna Salazar Designs ~ Build Your Own Bling
Want2Scrap: Donna Salazar Designs ~ Wonderful Wings Bling
 Really Reasonable Ribbon: White Metallic String by May Arts
White Thread
Adhesives:
Clearsnap ~ Glue Gloss
Beacon ~ 3 in 1 Advanced Craft Glue
Fonts:
Jellyka Delicious Cake ~ Internet
Eternal Call ~ Internet
Tools:
Zutter: Donna Salazar Designs ~ Distrezz-It-All
Martha Stewart ~ Mini Score Board
Husquvarna: Designer 1 - sewing machine
EK Success ~ Honey Bee Scissors
Epson Printer

Many of Donna's products can be found at Natasha's Store:

Follow on Bloglovin

Thanks for stopping by! I treasure your comments.

~ Blessings ~

26 comments:

  1. Oh this is so very pretty Tracey, I love the blingy butterfly and leaves.. gorgeous flower too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooooooooo beautiful!! LOVING that butterfly and all the bling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Gorgeous Tracey!!! love it! Congrats on your GD spot!!! Take care!xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracey this is a stunning creation! I love all the little details and the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous!! I love the distressed edges and the details!! What a stunning card!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow beautiful card love the Bling !!

    hugs Carla

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous card and soooo lovin all the bling and butterfly!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your craftsmanship and eye for detail never cease to amaze me. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the gorgeous detail! I must go shopping for that butterfly .. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, Tracey, this is absolutely stunning! LOVE all the yummy shimmer and shine! You are so good at really paying attention to the details, and it looks like I've missed so many beautiful projects over here. I'm so sorry. Thank you for being such an inspiration to so many!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So gorgeous Tracey!! Love the soft colors and the touch of bling you added to the card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfection !!!! That glitter is sooooo nice & her stamps ... That lace one.... Delish:):) such a beautiful card:):)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card with cool layers.
    byebye,lean

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabby classy card with lovely colours as always. You always amaze me with your creations.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card!! I just LOVE that butterfly!!

    What a pretty way to wish a Happy Birthday!!


    Happy Crafting,
    Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty Tracey! Love all the shimmer and bling! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. ABSOLUTELY stunning Tracey~ I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The bling on the butterfly looks awesome. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning work Tracey. The combo of elements and textures here is phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Tracey this is soooo pretty, love how you added the elements and that bling over the butterfly.. your sentiment is so crisp!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This card is fabulous...amazing...
    Beautiful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and leave a message! I treasure your comments.