Tuesday, August 13, 2013

You Are One of a Kind for the August RRR Blog Hop

Good morning and welcome to the Really Reasonable Ribbon August Blog Hop.

  

If you've just been inspired by Jeannie's fabulous work, you are in the right place. If not, you can join us for some vintage pink and brown inspiration with the gorgeous August RRR Ribbon Club Assortment by hopping on over to the RRR Blog to start at the beginning. There you will find all the blog hop and prize details.


Just look at the gorgeous ribbons in this month's RRR Ribbon Club Assortment! These soft colors are perfect for a sweet feminine card or you can pull out the browns and ivory ribbons like I did to go for a masculine feel. Are you a Ribbon Club Subscriber? If not, you can sign up here and start receiving one of these gorgeous assortments each month. 

"You Are One of a Kind"

Tips and Techniques:
Layered Ribbon ~ I inked the Ribbon Club ivory satin with brown ink to give a more masculine feel, then layered it with the back side of the brown grosgrain with pink stars to wrap around the card. 

Twine Flower ~ I used 20lb Natural Hemp to create my Twine Flower and added a button from the Natural Button Grab Bag. The tutorial for my Twine Flower can be found here. Bonnie has many cords that can be used to create twine flowers. Check out these selections: Hemp Cord Spools, Hemp Cord Assortments, Baker's Twine, Jute String, and Metallic White String

Background Fibers ~ Wide natural ribbons can add so much grungy texture to a masculine card. Here I used Champagne Netting and Natural Jute Ribbon. I also wrapped the sentiment block with Natural Jute String

Rusty Chipboard ~ This chipboard from Donna Salazar's Hand Drawn Swirls was altered to look rusty by coating the top of the chipboard with a nice thick coat of Helmar Acid Free Glue. While wet, I heated the glue with my heat tool until it bubbled up, then applied Alcohol ink to color and heated some more to achieve this masculine rusty texture. 

Ribbon Tabs ~ For the little tabs, I simply folded short lengths of brown and pink star Ribbon Club Ribbon in half with the back side showing and tucked them into the top corner layers. In the opposite corner I popped on some Choc-a-Mocha Candi.

The edges were machine stitched and distressed with my Donna Salazar Distrezz-It-All by Zutter. 

Really Reasonable Products used:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The card I created for our RRR Things with Wings Challenge also used our August Ribbon Club Assortment along with a variety of other ribbons and products from the Really Reasonable Ribbon Store. The Ribbon Club ivory satin and lace are layered across the card. 


Details and additional photos for this card can be found here.

Really Reasonable Ribbon Products
August Ribbon Club Assortment (Ivory Satin Ribbon and Lace)

I hope you've been inspired to grab your August RRR Ribbon Club Assortment and start creating!

Your next stop on the RRR July Blog hop will take you to 
to some amazing inspiration from Cheryl

Thank you for hopping through the RRR Blog Hop with us today.

Follow on Bloglovin

Thanks for stopping by! I treasure your comments.

~ Blessings ~

75 comments:

  1. This is sooooooooooooooo gorgeous!! I love love love the colors and loveeeeeeeee that jute flower!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your always kind and sweet comments, Julie!! ~ Blessings

      Delete
  2. The blue card has some wonderful ribbon treatments on it. Your second card is Lovely in Lavender.
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Tracey! I love that you used the assortment in a totally different way. You can do so much with the assortments if you think outside the box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bonnie. Outside the box describes me to a T. :-) ~ Blessings

      Delete
  4. Great cards with so much gorgeous detail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandi!! I always enjoy your cards, too!! ~ Blessings

      Delete
  5. Great atention to detail in this beauty!
    Hugs,
    Ardilla :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Tracey!Just stunning! i adore the jute flower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous!! The layers are fabulous!! The twine flower is stunning!! What a beautiful card!! Happy Tuesday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much, Lisa and happy Tuesday to you as well!! ~ Blessings

      Delete
  8. stunning card!!!!!! my jaw dropped!!!! amazing work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card Tracey : ) Every little detail is just perfect. We need a tutorial on that fabulous chipboard effect. Please...pretty please....with ribbon on top??? Hugs and blessings to you...G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Polly!! I'll be sure to do a tutorial soon. I'll be sure to let you know when I do. :-) ~ Blessings

      Delete
  10. Wow those cards are absolutely texturally yummiliscious! Great work Tracey!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both cards are fabulous. Love the texture on the first one--great twine flower. Great distressing on the second one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I have fun creating the twine flowers! ~ Blessings

      Delete
  12. Both beautiful cards. Wonderful rustic textures. I love what you did with the chipboard. I am definitely going to experiment with that! How did you apply the alcohol ink? Just a few drops from the reinker? TFS
    DebiB
    thatmightlookgoodonacard.blogspot.com
    visit anytime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debi! I dropped the alcohol ink directly onto the chipboard from the bottle. Thanks for asking. ~ Blessings

      Delete
  13. Both your cards turned out beautifully. I love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! Gorgeous card, Tracey!! I love the awesome texture from the Twine flower, chipboard and stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow,your creations are too awesome and I just love the one with the blue... What motivates me to leave a comment on a blog post (besides the obvious giveaways)? usually the creation... i am inspired by it, blown away by it, or i just can't believe how awesome it is and i am compelled to say something... lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yvonne, and I appreciate you were inspired today. :-) ~ Blessings

      Delete
  16. Awesome card! I love all the texture and the twine flower. Thanks for the link to the flower tutorial! I tried making a similar flower myself a while back and things did not go well, LOL. I really appreciate your detailed photos and instructions so I may have to try again. Thanks so much for the inspiration! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dana, I hope you will try out the twine flowers again. When I learned to make them it was a lot of trial and error with the tutorials I could find, so I included lots of details. These only take 10 to 15 minutes each once you get them down. ~ Blessings

      Delete
  17. Love all the embellishments on your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your cards with your sweet jute flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful Card. love the layering of all the Embellishments. love the distressed look. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card--love the twine flower.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great cards! Love the flower on the first one! t.igo

    ReplyDelete
  22. It is always a joy to visit your blog . Thank you for stopping by mine with lovely comments.......Lis

    ReplyDelete
  23. What an amazing creation, Tracy!! I love your color combo and textrue, so much!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your cards are gorgeous Tracey, especially that first one! I have to make 2 for something coming up and I get the cold sweats just thinking about them, lol. Seriously, you are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Sherri. I know your cards will be lovely! ~ Blessings

      Delete
  25. Your cards are absolutely beautiful, Tracey. I love how you used all of the twine and fibers. I especially love the twine flower that you made on your first card. But both are very, very gorgeous. Thanks for sharing yoru tips and techniques with us!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Tracey!!!! These are absolutely sensational! Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous Tracey.....loving all the layers and texture! Your twine flowers are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracey! The twine flowers are so fun and easy to create! ~ Blessings, Tracey

      Garden of Grace

      Delete
  28. wonderful cards, love the twine flower one, thanks for all your comments on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. WOW are those gorgeous cards Tracey!! I love love the way you make the shabby look with all the layers and distressing so so lovley and the flower is beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words, Davi!! ~ Blessings

      Delete
  30. So very pretty! Love all the texture and distressing!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such yummy details in each of your cards, I really love the burlap it looks so beautiful and adds such a nice texture.

    ReplyDelete
  32. WOW! You are loved look at that 70 comments and you reply to each one You are special....Lis

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks LIs! My counter includes my replies, so half of them are mine. :-) ~ Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love the first card so much! I think it is my fav of the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  35. SWOON! This is absolutely incredible! LOVE all those fabulous textures, and the neutrals paired with the cobalt blue is simply DELISH! Totally rockin', Tracey!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and leave a message! I treasure your comments.