The Enchanting Pocket Card, Tag and Envelope set has many different options to make your creations stand out! It is a sweet gift card-sized envelope that doubles as a card front pocket. The bonus is that there is a tag too that doubles as a label. The inspiration for this set comes from Becca’s love of giving gift cards! It can be used year-round, dressed up or dressed down, and themed for any occasion. Using the different inlay and insert designs, you can cut and make unique variations to keep the design fresh!
Dies for my creations today were supplied by Amazing Paper Grace.
Card with Gift Card Holder Feature
Gift Card Envelope
There are 14 dies included in the Enchanting Pocket Card, Tag and Envelope.
My Project Today:
I use this fabulous Enchanting Pocked Card Tag and Envelope Die of the Month set to create a mixed media card that features a gorgeous die cut pocket on the front that includes a card with a filigree top tucked into the pocket to write a heartfelt note. The pocket is perfectly sized to tuck in a gift card behind the note.
I was inspired by a magazine that delivered to our home a few weeks ago with a cover filled with a bevy of beautiful blue and purple flowers. This color combination was so fabulous that I decided to use it on my next project along with gold accents. The card base is stenciled with white gold icing paste for texture, then spritzed with metallic gold color spray. I used the sweet flower dies in the set to created the blossoms and foliage for the clusters around the pocket. The edges of the petals are inked before shaping to add visual dimension and the centers are filled with prills in coordinating colors. I added chipboard and metal pieces from my stash. The metal bits were silver, bronze, and gold, so I brushed them all with gold art wax for uniformity. The butterfly and dragonfly are colored with art wax and dimension and sparkle are added to the dragonfly by brushing the wings with stickles and gold wax and adhering prills to the body. And of course the butterfly is adorned with one of the handcrafted flowers. Chunky glass glitter and prills fill in around the edges of the floral clusters.
One of our daughters is an author and adores writing with fountain pens, so I had her in mind when adding the pen nib. One of the joys of creating a handcrafted card is being able to personalize it for the special person it's intended for.
The paper I used was a heavy 110lb patterned cardstock and cracked just a little on the folds, so I went with it and distressed all the edges and inked them for the shabby effect I was going for with this card. (When I created a sample with a lighter weight paper, there was no cracking.)
Designer Tip: If something goes awry in the creative process, think outside of the box to fix it. Rather than starting over again when my edges cracked just a little, I just pulled out my distressing tool, and roughed up all the edges and added a little ink. Distressing and inking can fix a myriad of blunders.
Here are some project close-ups:
The filigree designs in this die set are absolutely stunning!!
This printed sentiment is colored with Distress Ink to coordinate with the background paper.
These sweet blossoms are so delicate and beautiful!
I enjoy adding simmer and bling to projects with glitter, prills, and metallics. You may have noticed just a hint of a steampunk feel with a couple gears tucked into the flowers.
A closeup of this sweet butterfly and a view of the distressed paper edges adding such a nice shabby chic touch.
- 49 and Market ~ Scents of Nature Paper Collection
- Ranger ~ Distress Ink: Dusty Concord; Stormy Sky
- Tim Holtz with Idea-ology ~ Small Talk
- Tim Holtz with Idea-ology ~ Heirloom Roses; Sprocket Gears; Story Sticks; Pen Nibs
- Tim Holtz with Idea-ology ~ Adornments, Halloween Accents
- Ornate Metal Corner from my stash
- Chipboard Butterfly and Dragonfly from my stash
- US ArtQuest ~ Prills: Ice Queen; Gilt Trip; Lavender & Lace
- Stampendous ~ Glass Glitter - Lavender
Mixed Media Supplies:
- Finnabair with Prima Marketing ~ Soft Matte Gel, Transparent
- Finnabair with Prima Marketing ~ Clear Gesso
- Finnabair with Prima Marketing ~ Icing Paste: White Gold
- Finnabair with Prima ~ Metallique Wax: Vintage Gold
- Finnabair with Prima ~ Antique Brilliance Wax: Amethyst Magic
- Finnabair with Prima ~ Matte Wax: Patina Blue
- Ranger ~ Stickles - Crystal
- Heidi Swapp ~ Color Shine: Gold
- Shimmerz ~ Coloringz - Punked Up Purple
- AAll & Create ~ Stencil - Circle of Life by Olga Heldwein
- Helmar ~ 450 Quick Dry Adhesive
- Tombo ~ Mono MULTI Liquid Glue
- Redline Tape ~ 1/2"
- Imagine ~ Tear It! Double-sided Adhesive Tape
For more Enchanting Pocket Card, Tag and Envelope Inspiration:
Visit each Creative Team blog linked below for their take on creative paper crafting ideas with Enchanting Pocket Card, Tag and Envelope, the Amazing Paper Grace December 2021 Die of the Month!
The Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month is available exclusively at Spellbinders Paper Arts during December 2021. Enchanting Pocket Card, Tag and Envelope at the special kit club price, along with other membership perks.
View this month's Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month!
I would adore hearing from you! Please leave a comment below letting me know how you will use these gorgeous dies!