Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Wintry Christmas Star for Little Birdie Crafts

 a
Welcome to my creative space!

Today I'm sharing this wintry Christmas Star featuring gorgeous Little Birdie Crafts seasonal Christmas supplies. I've created three Christmas projects for Little Birdie including this beautiful star. I wanted to show three very different ways to showcase their fabulous Christmas products. Yesterday you saw a Christmas card in traditional red and green colors. Be sure to come back tomorrow to see how I created some quick and easy gift bags that are perfect for a last minute project.

This star uses wintry blues, silver and white. The sparkling silver poinsettia is gorgeous as a focal point for the cluster surrounded by glittering snowflakes and printed cardstock foliage with glittered accents. I've also tucked in some creamy flowers from the Shabby Chic collection to add to the snowy feel. I share all the details on how I created the amazing background texture in the tips and techniques section below.

Thank you Little Birdie Crafts for providing the supplies used to create this card!

You can visit the Little Birdie Crafts store HERE for all your holiday crafting supplies.

Use code TRACEY05 for a 5% discount.

I receive a small commission at not cost to you.

Tips and Techniques
This wood star was brushed with white gesso, then stenciled using Crackle Paste with this lovely Christmas Bauble Stencil.  I stenciled one or two points of the star at a time and allowed the crackle paste to dry before moving on to stencil the next point(s).

I mixed Golden glaze with a small amount of Tawny Glint Tinted Metallic paints to create this brass base to look like metal. Blue Waltz is thinned down with water to create a wash to paint over the star. I misted the paint while wet to help it move and flow into the cracks and crevices. Once the paint was dry, I lightly dry brushed over the blue star with white gesso for a snowy feel and to highlight the beautiful crackled texture.

Once dry, I arranged and adhered this gorgeous silver glittered poinsettia along with snowflakes and embellishments from the Little Birdie Crafts store. 

A few small flowers from the Shabby Chic collection are tucked in as well.

I've added pebble rhinestones to the center of the glittered snowflakes for extra bling and filled in around the cluster with Iced Slate Metal Microbeads and prills for even more texture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and leave a message! I treasure your comments.