Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Mixed Media Thank You Cards & TECHNIQUE VIDEO Featuring Prima Soft Oil Pastels with the February Scraps of Elegance Kit.



Welcome to my creative space!! I'm back to share a technique video with you featuring the Scraps of Elegance Watercolor Wishes February Mixed Media/Creativity Add On.

I'm so excited each month to see what fresh new mixed media product(s) Melinda has included in the kit and add ons. The February Creativity Add On includes Prima Soft Oil Pastels. I've not worked with oil pastels before, so enjoyed spending some time experimenting with several types of paper and inks to see what would work best to color the 49 and Market Gabi's Hibiscus flowers that I fussy cut for the focal flowers on a set of mixed media thank you cards.

FTC Disclosure: I am currently working as a freelance designer for Scraps of Elegance. While I am compensated in product, I maintain the freedom as an independent designer to say what I truly think of these products and will not recommend something that I don’t personally use and enjoy.

I share how I used Prima Soft Oil Pastels to color a stamped image in this 
DIY Technique Video:

Please subscribe to my channel HERE.

Here's the fabulous Watercolor Wishes February Scraps of Elegance Kit:



Additional add ons and kit details can be viewed HERE.


Close-Ups
 
The Kaisercraft Oui Oiu paper is dry brushed with white gesso then edged with blue oil pastels. I used the Kaisercraft Cherry Blossom stencil to apply texture then rubbed with Aquamarine Viva Gold to highlight. Pastel Art Gems add such lovely dimension.

 
I wanted a soft backdrop for these sweet flowers, so layered cheesecloth, white feathers, and burlap threads over one of the Momenta Watercolor Doilies.

 
I adore texture so used a mix of Minni Pearl and Coral See Prills sprinkled with Prima Pearl Glass Glitter across the card. You  can see a little of the stenciled texture peeking out from under the cheese cloth too.


Supply List
Mixed Media Creativity Add On
Prima Marketing Soft Oil Pastels 24/Pkg
49 and Market Gabrielle Pollacco Clear Stamps (4x6"): Gabi's Hibiscus

Scraps of Elegance February Watercolor Wishes Main Kit (Sold Out)
Kaisercraft Ooh La La Collection:  Oui Oui
Momenta: 4" Bright Watercolor Doilies (4 assorted doilies)
Kaisercraft: Cherry Blossom Mini Designer Template 3.5"X5.75"
Pastel Mix Art Gems - approx. 15 to 16 gems

Elements Add On
Prima Metal Patina Trinkets - Birds

Scraps of Elegance Store
Dina Wakley Media Gel Medium - Matte
US Artquest Prills - Minnie Pearls
US Artquest Prills - Coral See
Prima Art Ingredients Glass Glitter: Pearl

Previous Kits
August 2016: Vintaj Solid Brass Metal Accents: Dragonfly Fern
December 2015: Viva Decor Inka Gold: Aquamarine

Other Products
A2 Card Base White - Stash
Stathmore ~ Windpower  - Mixed Media Vellum Surface 140 lb. 400 Series
Burlap Remnant Threads
Touch of Nature ~ Feathers, White
TSUKINEKO ~ Versafine Ink - Onyx Black
Helmar ~ 450 Quick Dry Adhesive
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L ~ Crafty Power Tape
Hampton Arts ~ Stamp Perfect
Studio 71 ~ Blending Stumps

Thanks for stopping by! I treasure your comments.
~ Blessings ~

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhh these are gorgeous! LOVING the flowers and the birds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and leave a message! I treasure your comments.