Thursday, February 2, 2017

True Love Is Forever Mixed Media Card for ScrapBerry's


Love is the theme of the January/February challenge at ScrapBerry’s, and the design
team has been busy creating projects to inspire you as you join along. 

Be sure to stop on over at the ScrapBerry's blog for all the challenge details
and to be inspired by the rest of the design team creations HERE.

My parents will be celebrating 58 years of marriage this year, so I wanted to create a special card for them. I just adore this paper from ScrapBerry's Cherished Jewels Collection that includes the sweet sentiment "True Love Is Forever." How perfect for this card. I've included mixed media touches which I'll talk about below with the close-up photos.

FTC Disclosure: I am currently working as a freelance designer for ScrapBerry's. While I am compensated in product, I maintain the freedom as an independent designer to say what I truly think of these products and will not recommend something that I don’t personally use and enjoy.

Tips and Techniques
A sweet flower cluster featuring ScrapBerry's Clove, Daisy, and Cherry Blossom Flowers along with a few tiny flowers tucked in from my stash. 

ScrapBerry's has beautiful gems and jewels. I've tucked in a pearl flourish from the Holidays 1 Collection as well as the sparkling Crystal Sticker and sweet resin rose from the Fairy Tale Flowers 1 Set. I used gel medium to adhere Prills around the cluster for extra texture.

The Holiday Romance Chipboard Set has pieces perfect for Valentine's Day and love themed cards. I heat embossed this key with embossing enamel for a vintage shabby feel and placed it to accent the sentiment.

Here's a close-up of the mixed media background I created. I applied molding paste with a flourish stencil first. When that design was dry, I added the hearts. I spritzed them with blush and gold mist, then dry brushed with gesso for a soft frosty finish.

**Tip**
Start by brushing the background paper with clear gesso when planning to use mixed media products, especially wet product like spray mists. This will help reduce warping on the paper.

Don't forget to hop on over to the ScrapBerry's blog for the
challenge details and gorgeous inspiration HERE.


Product List
ScrapBerry's Products
Cherished Jewels Collection ~ 6x6 Paper Set (SCB220612008X)

Holiday Romance Chipboard Elements No. 3 (SCB62000106B)
Pearl swirl Happy Holidays 1 (SCB25002042)
Crystal Stickers Decoration ~ Floral Embroidery (SCB53000007)
Fairy Tale ~ Set of Flowers 1 (Resin) (SCB25002018)
Paper Flowers ~ Clove - Pink (SCB280408)
Paper Flowers ~ Daisy - White Cream
Cherry Blossom ~ Pink & White (SCB300204)
Clear Stamps ~ Butterfly Wings (SCB4907003B)

Other Products
Wild Orchid Crafts ~ 30mm Leaves - White
Wild Orchid Crafts ~ Bead Berry Clusters - White
Wild Orchid Crafts ~ 4mm Rosebuds - White
Wild Orchid Crafts ~ Hip Rosebuds - Mixed Pink Tone
Wild Orchid Crafts ~ 15mm Open Roses - 2-Tone Champagne Pink
Wild Orchid Crafts ~ 10mm Open Roses - 2-Tone Champagne Pink
Wild Orchid Crafts ~ Miniature Sweetheart Blossoms - White
Wild Orchid Crafts ~ Gypsophila Flowers - White
Liquitex ~ Gesso - Clear, White
Golden ~ Light Molding Paste
Donna Salazar with ColorBox ~ Mix’d Media Inx - Stormy
Ranger ~ Perfect Medium
Heidi Swapp ~ Color Shine - Gold; Blush
Stampendous ~ Embossing Enamel - Shabby White
Tim Holtz with Stampers Anonymous - Layering Stencil Flourish
UmWow Studios ~ Mixed Media Stencils - Heart Confetti
Tombow ~ MULTI Mono Liquid Glue

Thanks for stopping by! I treasure your comments.

~ Blessings ~

2 comments:

  1. Wowwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous! LOVING all the hearts and flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really beautiful! I love the colours and all the sweet details!
    😊 Karen Elise

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and leave a message! I treasure your comments.