Friday, February 3, 2017

Forever Valentine for ScrapBerry's

"Forever Valentine"

Welcome back to my creative space. I'm back to share a new project featuring the gorgeous ScrapBerry's Juliet Paper Collection along with an assortment of their fabulous embellishments.

I've been sharing my excitement of becoming a grandmother for the first time through my paper crafting projects. Recently our son and lovely daughter-in-law revealed the name they've given our coming granddaughter ~ Avery. I've created this heart wall hanging for her. It's her first Valentine from me, a "Forever Valentine." I hope she'll be reminded of my love for her as she grows up seeing it hanging on her wall.

FTC Disclosure: I am currently working as a freelance designer for ScrapBerry's. While I am compensated in product, I maintain the freedom as an independent designer to say what I truly think of these products and will not recommend something that I don’t personally use and enjoy.

Tips and Techniques
ScrapBerry's creates such beautiful flowers in an array of lovely colors to go with any of their paper collections I've featured a sweet gardenia and curly rose here. I've also tucked in a few tiny flowers from my stash. See the purple rose below the gardenia? Its's one of the Rosebud Charms that I brushed with gesso, then colored with Distress Ink. The crystal flourish is from the Curls for Wedding 1 set.

The edge of the heart was painted with white gesso, then a stenciled design was added with molding paste. I highlighted the texture by rubbing lightly with ink.

From this angle you can see the love piece from the Weddings 3 Polymer Set topped with a Versailles Resin Chrysanthemum and chipboard key right below it from the Holiday Romance Collection. Tucked in at the top of the cluster I've used hearts from the Kid's Fun Polymer Set along with the sweet Winter Joy Bottle Cap. (The heart flourish chippie is from my stash.) 

**Tip**
Water based mediums will bead up on resin/polymer and not stay true to color on raw chipboard, so I apply a quick coat of white gesso to these items and allow to dry before adding water based color. For these elements, I layered two colors of Distress Ink to coordinate with the gorgeous Juliet papers.

 
A little handcrafted heart I created from corrugated cardboard. I've used a mixture of Prills, tiny seed beeds, and microbeads from my stash here and around the flower cluster for added texture. The smaller purple hearts are more chippies from the Holiday Romance Collection.

For this banner with Avery's name, I simply cut triangles from Juliet paper and inked the edges. I laid them out and adhered them in place, then added a strip of lace across the top that I colored with Distress Ink. The wooden letters from my stash were colored with ink and spritzed with Iridescent Glitter Dust spray for some sweet girly sparkle (before adhering to the project).

My dear friend, Juliana Michaels, gave me this wood heart, and I knew right away that it would be perfect for creating a Forever Valentine for Avery. (You can visit Juliana's creative blog at 17turtles.) I traced and cut out the heart onto the Juliet paper, then used gel medium to adhere it to the wood heart. I rolled over it firmly with a brayer to make sure the paper was securely adhered, then set it aside dry for a few minutes. Once the paper was set in place, but the gel medium was still damp, I cut into the wood grooves to show the slats, then used a sanding block lightly over the paper to reveal the wood grain below. I also added a touch of spatter with drawing ink. I adore the texture this created on the background.

I hope you've been inspired to grab your ScrapBerry's products
and create a Valentine for someone special in your life.

Don't forget, love is the theme of the ScrapBerry’s January/February challenge.
Be sure to stop by the ScrapBerry's blog for all the challenge details
and to be inspired by the rest of the design team creations HERE.

ScrapBerry’s Products

Juliet Collections ~ Victoria (SCB220608403)
Juliet Collections ~ Juliet (SCB220608407)
Gardenia Mix ~ Pink  (SCB300107)
Paper Flowers ~ Curly Rose – Lilac (SCB280605)
Winter Joy ~ Set of decorative cork (Bottle Cap) (SCB340982)
Weddings 3 ~ Set of polymer items (SCB26001020)
Kid’s Fun ~ Set of polymer items (SCB26001012)
Versailles  ~ Set of chrysanthemums 1 (resin) (SCB250001088)
Curls For Wedding 1 (pearls swirl) (SCB250001078
Charms Set ~ (Rosebud SCB250122474)
Holiday Romance Chipboard Elements No. 3 (SCB62000106B)
Birds of Paradise ~ Chipboard Elements No. 1 (SCB62000110)

Other Products
Craft Essentials ~ Wall Hanging (Wood Heart)
Prima ~ 3D Wood Alphas Hexagon(587413)
Donna Salazar with Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L - Lace Ribbons
Prima ~ Trims - Magnolia #583033
Wild Orchid Crafts ~ 10mm Open Roses - 2-Tone Pink
Wild Orchid Crafts ~ Hip Rosebuds - Mixed Pink Tone
Wild Orchid Crafts ~ 30mm Leaves - White
Martha Stewart Crafts ~ Microbeads - Kunzite
Darice ~ TOHO Beads - Round Rainbow Clear
US ArtQuest ~ Mini Prills - Lavender & Lace; Minni Pearls
Darice ~ Finishing Accents - Wood Shapes, Butterflies
The Charm Shop ~ Heart Charms
Bead Landing ~ Hemp Cord (Lavender)
Flower Stamen ~ Stash
Prima ~ Art Basics -Soft Matte Gel
Liquitex ~ Gesso - White
Liquitex ~ Matte Medium
Golden ~ Light Molding Paste
Ranger ~ Distress Ink - Pumice Stone; Seedless Preserves; Victorian Velvet
Therm O Web ~ Glitter Dust - Iridescent
Higgins ~ Drawing Ink - White
The Crafter’s Workshop ~ Mini Butterfly Collage Stencil
Therm O Web ~ iCraft - Mixed Media Adhesive
Helmar ~ Premium Craft Glue
Ranger ~ Dina Wakley Media - Gel Medium
Other project - stamped bunny
Bunny My Little Star - Set of stamps - Baby Bunny (SCB4907044)
Ranger ~ Archival Ink - Jet Black
Kuretake ~ Zig Clean Color Real Brush - Dark Gray, Light Violet, S. Almond Pink, Oatmeal



Thanks for stopping by! I treasure your comments.

~ Blessings ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and leave a message! I treasure your comments.