I've used a special technique to add a glittery finish to the beautiful die cut sentiment from the Amazing Paper Grace Sweet Sayings Notecard Sentiments (S4-1148) die set from the Sweet Serenade Collection. This gorgeous sentiment adds a beautiful touch to this spring thank you card.
You can find a full video tutorial explaining this technique exclusively in the Amazing Paper Grace Creative - Creative Encouragement Community Facebook Group.
This lovely group includes exclusive tutorial content. I share a mixed media tutorial there on the 13th of each month. The tutorial for this project includes a video tutorial teaching you how to create this beautiful sparkling finish that coordinates perfectly with your project. If you're not a part of this fabulous and encouraging group you can join HERE.
The lovely resin butterfly is molded with the Zuri Designs Beauty and the Beast silicone mold. I painted the butterfly with impasto paints and highlighted the texture with metallique waxes.
Thank you Amazing Paper Grace for providing the dies used in this project.
Tips and Techniques
Here's a close-up of the beautiful glittery sentiment. If you would like to learn how I created this sparking finish, be sure to stop by the Amazing Paper Grace Creative - Creative Encouragement Community Facebook Group. for the video tutorial.
To coordinate this sweet butterfly with the papers, I mixed white with Lemon Peel impasto paints by Finnabair to color the butterfly and accented the texture with Sweet Rose metallique wax.
The beautiful white rose and buds are die cut from mulberry paper with the Candlewick Rosebud Dies set with the purple flower being cut with A2 Filigree Marquis set. I tucked in a few prills and microbeads to add texture.
More of the beautiful flowers.
The background die cut is also cut with the A2 Filigree Marquis die set using the same paper found on the glittering sentiment. Don't you adore how the colors coordinate so beautifully?
Amazing Paper Grace Dies:
- Patterned Paper ~ Scraps from my stash
- Cardstock ~ 120lb, White
- Thin Chipboard
- Ranger ~ Distress Ink: Scattered Straw
- Ranger ~ Distress Oxide Ink: Victorian Velvet
- Ranger ~ Embossing Dabber
- Ranger ~ Embossing Powder: Holographic
- Finnabair with Prima ~ Soft Matte Gel
- Finnabair with Prima ~ Metallique Wax: Sweet Rose
- Finnabair with Prima ~ Impasto Paint: Snow White; Lemon Peel
- Amazing Casting Resin ~ White
- Zuri Designs ~ Wings of Beauty Silicone Mold (Butterfly)
- US Artquest ~ Prills: Lemon Chiffon
- Martha Stewart Crafts ~ Microbeads - Kunzite
- Rhinestones (Flower Centers)
- Beacon ~ 3-IN-1 Advanced Craft Glue
- Helmar ~ 450 Quick Dry Adhesive
- Double Sided Tape ~ 1/4"
- Tombo ~ Mono MULTI Liquid Glue
- Spellbinders ~ Platinum 6
- Wagner ~ HT 400 Heat Gun
I am an affiliate with Zuri Designs and receive a small commission at no
cost to you if you purchase from them using a link from this post.
You can find their online store HERE