Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Springtime Interactive Flip Card for Amazing Paper Grace

 
Welcome to my creative space!

I just couldn't resist using beautiful spring colors on this interactive birthday flip card featuring the gorgeous Amazing Paper Grace Primrose Heart Façade (S5-484) die set. The yellow primrose flowers and delicate hearts along the the primrose leaves are cut with this fabulous set. I've also used the Daisy Delight Garden Shutters A2 Card Base (S5-479) for the interactive flip base; S6-183 Butterfly Bliss Garden Shutters 5 x 7" Card Base for the sweet glittering butterfly, and Petite Floral Potpourri (S3-420) for the leaf sprig foliage.

I encourage you not to give up when things go wrong. I cut this card base for a previous project, but had a mishap when I attempted to add stenciling with colored pearlized texture paste. Unfortunately the paste created more of a blob than the delicate design I was going for. At that point, I set my mistake aside and started over again. 

I wanted to feature the primrose flowers and remembered this flawed base. As I examined it, I realized that I used small dabs of glue to hold it in place until it set so I could remove the tape backing around the edges to hold it securely, so it wasn't difficult to carefully remove the top layer. I didn't have more of the original paper, but found this lovely patterned teal paper that worked with the other colors I had used for the base nicely. I recut the top layer, glued it down and it was ready to decorate and a perfect backdrop for the gorgeous primroses. 

Here's a view of the card with the shutters open:
Don't you just adore this interactive feature? This birthday sentiment is part of the Daisy Delight Garden Shutters A2 Card Base set. I cut it once from the same yellow patterned paper used for the primroses, then inked it to deepen the color for more contrast against the background paper. I cut it three more times from white 120 lb cardstock and adhered the layers to give more depth.

Thank you Amazing Paper Grace for providing the dies used in this project.

Tips and Techniques
I've use a combination of handcrafted primrose flowers with die cut foliage along with purple and pink blossoms from my stash. The lattice pieces are cut with dies included in the Daisy Delight Garden Shutters set. 

The lovely primrose flowers are cut from yellow patterned paper. On the open blossoms, I used a Distress Marker to add teal color to the flower centers. The die cut centers are cut from teal and the color is also deepened with Distress Markers. A clear rhinestone is placed in the center for a little sparkle. 

In this bottom corner, I've used one of the primrose buds with leaves also die cut from the Primrose Heart Façade set. the leafy sprigs are cut from Petite Floral Potpourri. 

Pull tabs are added to the card to help flip it open to reveal the birthday sentiment. Each pull tab is cut twice and the bottom piece is inked so the die cut word pops. The edges are inked with the same color.

This sweet butterfly is cut using dies from the Butterfly Bliss set. It is cut from the same paper used for the card front, then inked to deepen the colors. The wing pieces are brushed with Crystal Stickers to add gorgeous sparkles.
 
One final view.

Amazing Paper Grace Dies:

Paper:
  • Blue Fern Studios: Heartland; Blush
  • Cardstock: White, 120lb

Ink:
  • Ranger ~ Distress Ink: Bundled Sage; Victorian Velvet; Aged Mahogany; Scattered Straw; Peacock Feathers
  • Ranger ~ Distress Markers: Tumbled Glass; Broken China

Mixed Media:
  • Ranger ~ Stickles: Crystal

Embellishments:
  • Scrapberry's ~ Blessings Flowers
  • Rhinestones ~ Clear (flower centers)

Adhesives:
  • Tombo ~ Mono MULTI Liquid Glue
  • Beacon ~ 3-IN-1 Advanced Craft Glue
  • Beacon ~ Fabri-Tac
  • Double Sided Tape ~ 1/4" 
  • Red Line Tape ~ 1/8"

Tools:
  • Spellbinders ~ Platinum 6




Thanks for stopping by! I treasure your comments.

~ Blessings ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and leave a message! I treasure your comments.