Monday, April 4, 2022

Amazing Paper Grace April Die of the Month: Pop Up 3D Vignette Watering Can Bouquet with Blog Hop

 
Welcome to my creative space!

As soon as I saw this gorgeous Amazing Paper Grace Pop Up 3D Vignette Watering Can Bouquet Die of the Month set (DOMAPG-APR22), I just new it would look gorgeous in copper and patina. I looked up some photos of vintage copper watering cans to get a feel for real patina goodness before starting. 

One of my favorite summer flowers is the purple coneflower also known as echinacea. They have the beautiful purple petals with a golden brown cone in the center. I used them for inspiration for the sweet flowers on my card and gift bag.


Be sure to scroll down through the Tips and Techniques section below for all the details on how I created the coppery patina finish and these lovely purple cone flowers.

Many thanks to Amazing Paper Grace for providing the dies used in this project!

There are 15 dies included in the Pop Up 3D Vignette Watering Can Bouquet.

Watering Can Vignette Card

Gift Bag

Tips and Techniques
Here's a view of the gorgeous watering can. It's embossed and cut into copper metallic paper. These embossed designs are just so gorgeous! I rubbed Finnabair Patina and Rust pastes across the watering can and focused on applying it around the embossed areas to create this realistic vintage patina. If you don't have these pastes, acrylic craft paint in patina colors would work well too.

You can see how the paint settles into the crevices. Of course some of the paint also adhered to the raised embossed areas, so I applied brass and copper metallique waxes to the raised areas to highlight the gorgeous design.

This fabulous vignette card slides over so that it's flat to fit nicely into an envelope for mailing.


My accessory is this sweet gift bag. I wanted to show you a different technique that's quick and easy. I used the dies without the spout and handle to create this vintage vase. It's embossed and cut from patina print paper. The raised embossed design is rubbed with brass and copper metallique waxes. If you don't have waxes, you could use a very light touch with metallic copper craft paint to get a similar effect. I had extra flowers from creating the watering can that I used here. It's adhered to a pre-printed gift bag I had in my stash along with a sweet sentiment.

The flowers are cut from watercolor paper and colored with watercolor paints using purples for the petals and dark orange with brown shadows for the cones. The stems and leaves are also cut from watercolor paper and painted with a couple shades of green. I curled the petals and leaves a little with my fingers for added dimension.

Here's one final look at this sweet duo.

Supplies:
Accessories:


Paper:
  • Tim Holtz with Idea-ology ~ Kraft-Stock Metallic-2: Copper
  • Craft Consortium ~ Patins, 12x12" Paper Pad
  • Bienfang ~ Watercolor Paper, 140lb Cold Pressed
  • Decorative Gift Bag 

Ink:
  • Ranger ~ Distress Ink: Peeled Paint; Pine Needles

Mixed Media:
  • Finnabair with Prima Marketing ~ Metallique Wax: Bronze Age; Copper
  • Finnabair with Prima Marketing ~ Rust Effect Paste: Fantasy
  • Finnabair with Prima Marketing ~ Patina Effect Paste: Blue
  • M. Graham Watercolor Paint
  • Colorful ~ PanPaster: Copper; Permanent Green Shade; Turquoise Shade

Embellishments:
  • Tim Holtz with Idea-ology ~ Clippings Sticker Book
  • Finnabair with Prima Marketing ~ Sentiments

Adhesives:
  • Art Glitter ~ Designer Dries Clear Adhesive
  • Beacon ~ 3-IN-1 Advanced Craft Glue
  • Beacon ~ Fabri-Tac
  • Helmar ~ 450 Quick Dry Adhesive
  • Redline Tape ~ 1/8"
  • Double Sided Tape ~ 1/4" 

Tools:
  • Spellbinders ~ Platinum 6
For more Marvelous Medallion Inspiration from the Creative Team:

Visit each blog linked below for their take on creative paper crafting ideas with Marvelous Medallion, the Amazing Paper Grace April 2022 Die of the Month!


The Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month is available exclusively at Spellbinders Paper Arts during April 2022, Pop Up 3D Vignette Watering Can Bouquet along with other membership perks.

View this month’s Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month!

I would adore hearing from you! Please leave a comment below letting me know how you will use these gorgeous dies!





Thanks for stopping by! I treasure your comments.

~ Blessings ~

4 comments:

  1. OMGosh Tracey!!! This is absolutely amazing!! The best I've seen and my favorite! I LOVE patina look as much as rusty look, maybe even more! You did an incredible job with your Patina finish my dear, fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tracey, you have created the perfect watering can that looks like it has been around for years, well used and well loved by many different hands. The patina effect that you have achieved is so realistic. The lovely coneflowers add the perfect touch for fun in the garden. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just beautiful!! I love how you have aged the watering cans and your flowers are amazing and do look like the coneflowers in your photo!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and leave a message! I treasure your comments.