Sunday, December 22, 2013

"Bless the Lord" Ironwork Cross for Donna Salazar Designs Featuring Bitty Blossoms

Christmas is nearly upon us. I hope that you are having a wonderful holiday season. I have a project to share with you today featuring Donna Salazar Designs products.

One of the things I enjoy about the holidays is creating one of a kind, handcrafted gifts. Today I have a trash to treasure gift to share with you. I found this ironwork cross for a dollar at a local thrift shop and decorated it with handcrafted flowers created with Donna's Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms dies.

Donna has a gorgeous gift bag project on this week's Wednesday Webisodes and an amazing prize package including a Zutter Bow-it-All. You can check out the details and enter for a chance for the prize here

"Bless the Lord" Ironwork Cross

Tips and Techniques
I have a stash of bitty blossom flowers created with project scraps, so this was a quick holiday project to pull together. A tutorial for my Bitty Blossoms Flowers can be found here. I used all three sizes of Bitty Blossoms. I adhered the blossoms to the ironwork cross with Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive.

I printed out this verse from Word Art Wednesday onto white cardstock, tore it out, and rubbed several colors of Mix'd Media Inx on to coordinate with the flowers. I backed it with a strip of chipboard to hold it's shape and backed with foam tabs to raise before gluing onto the cross. 

Once I had the flowers and Word Art arranged and adhered to the cross, I applied Clearsnap Glue Gloss and sprinkled with Donna's Fairy Dust Glitter which adds so much gorgeous sparkle! 

Once final close-up.

Thanks for stopping by today!
I hope you've been inspired to pull out your Bitty Blossoms dies
and create a handcrafted gift this holiday season. 


Donna Salazar Products
GCD Studios ~  Natural Beauty, Family Jeans
Clearsnap ~ Mix'd Media Inx - Truffle, Honey, Leather
Clearsnap ~ Fairy Dust Glitter - Sugar Shimmer

Other Products
Ironwork Cross - Thrift Store
Clearsnap ~ Glue Gloss
Helmar ~ 450 Quick Dry Adhesive, Zapdots 
Verse from Word Art Wednesday

Thanks for stopping by! I treasure your comments

~ Blessings ~

17 comments:

  1. Hi Tracy this is absolutely divine!!! Would make a fab gift. Merry Christmas. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning, gorgeous flowers. Perfect . Happy Christmas. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, this is just so beautifully creative. Love the dimension on the flowers and this will look great on a special spot on a wall, even on a front door.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow wow wowwwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous!! I loveeeeee those flowers!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is so amazingly gorgeous Tracy. All that wonderful sparkle on your blooms paired with a lovely scripture. What a treasure! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes I should make lots of these gorgeous blossoms.. they look so lovely.. this cross would be wonderful on a wall somewhere.. looks so beautiful.. Have a very Blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your encouraging words, Lizzy! ~ Blessings

      Delete
  7. GORGEOUS project, Tracey! Your flowers are always so beautiful, and that Fairy Dust is a fabulous addition! A Very Merry Christmas to you! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, this is FABULOUS....what a FIND, for a dollar - LOOOVE that verse & it's works so well with the flowers & the cross....hope you have an amazing, lovely Christmas with your family:):):) Merry Christmas:):)!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This cross is stunning! What a wonderful find and you really made it beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and leave a message! I treasure your comments.