Welcome to my creative space!
A tag is a perfect way to share a small piece of art. With this encouraging sentiment and gorgeous embellishments, this tag is meant to be on display, rather than being a simple gift tag. This tag features the fabulous Amazing Paper Grace Half Slimline Bracket die set (S4-1199) from the Layered Fleur Bouquet Slimlines collection. I've framed half of this tag with this gorgeous die cut. I've created a video tutorial showing how to use Distress Oxide Ink blending on die cuts to create flowing organic color that coordinates perfectly with your patterned background paper.
You can find a full video tutorial explaining this technique exclusively in the Amazing Paper Grace Creative - Creative Encouragement Community Facebook Group.
This lovely group includes exclusive tutorial content. I share a mixed media tutorial there on the 13th of each month. If you're not a part of this fabulous and encouraging group you can join HERE.
Thank you Amazing Paper Grace for providing the dies used in this project.
Tips and Techniques
This gorgeous die cut on the left is cut using the Amazing Paper Grace Half Slimline Bracket die set (S4-1199) and is colored with Distress Oxide ink blending. A full video tutorial is available in the Amazing Paper Grace Creative - Creative Encouragement Community Facebook Group.
This lovely floral cluster is created with Little Birdie Crafts flowers, wood veneer gears and leafy chipboard vines. I've used metallic paints to color the gears.
The top edge of this beautiful die cut is fussy cut to fit the tag and becomes such a beautiful design element!
I wanted to accent the sweet butterfly on the background paper, so layered this chipboard butterfly and key over the printed one. They're colored with a blend of metallic paints. The sweet and encouraging sentiment is inked to coordinate with the colors on the tag.
A piece of beautiful May Arts Silky Crush ribbon is tied on the top.
The bottom edge of the die cut is trimmed to curve with the edge of the tag.
I've added texture around the bottom of the cluster using prills and glass glitter. The ornate corner on the right side is a metal piece from my stash. It's painted with white gesso then dry brushed with metallic paints to add a bit of color.
One final look. Doesn't this gorgeous die cut add such amazing texture to this tag?
Amazing Paper Grace Dies:
- Scrap of patterned paper
- Scalloped Kraft Tag
- Tim Holtz with Idea-ology ~ Small Talk
- Ranger ~ Distress Oxide Ink: Iced Spruce; Pine Needles; Forest Moss
- Ranger ~ Distress Ink: Victorian Velvet; Seedless Preserves; Dusty Concord
- Little Birdie Crafts ~ Tinted Metallic Paint: Glazed Berries
- Deco Art Dazzling Metallics: Champagne Gold; Mink Pearl; Moss Pearl; Peacock Perl
- Folk Art Metallique Acrylic Paint: Rose Shimmer
- Golden: Regular Gel ~ Matte
- Little Birdie Crafts ~ Melissa - Mulberry
- Little Birdie Crafts ~ English Roses - Arctic Ice
- Little Birdie Crafts ~ Micro Jeweled Floretttes - Arctic Ice
- Little Birdie Crafts ~ Bouquet - Mulberry
- Little Birdie Crafts ~ Bouquet - Song of the Sea
- Little Birdie Crafts ~ Serenade - Ocean Mist
- Little Birdie Crafts ~ Elise - Ocean Mist
- Little Birdie Crafts ~ Beaded Blooms - Moon Light
- Little Birdie Crafts ~ Beaded Micro Petals - Grape/Tan
- Dusty Attic ~ Vine Corner Chipboard
- Blue Fern Studios ~ Vintage Keys Chipboard
- Recollections ~ Mixed Media Butterflies Chipboard
- Wood Veneer Gears (Amazon)
- Momenta ~ Metal Stickers - Corner
- Jellybean Soup ~ Wood Veneer - Butterfly
- May Arts ~ Silky Crush Ribbon - Teal
- US Artiest ~ Prills: Mint to Be; Lavender & Lace
- Stampendous ~ Glass Glitter - Lavender
- Scrapbook.com ~ Clear Double Sided Adhesive Roll - Permanent
- Helmar ~ 450 Quick Dry Adhesive
- Beacon ~ 3-IN-1 Advanced Craft Glue
- Beacon ~ Fabri-Tac
- Tombow ~ Mono MULTI Liquid Glue