February Girlie Grunge Sketch-n-Color Challenge
(I turned the sketch as shown)
The pink was a little brighter than I wanted, so I brushed it lightly with gesso. I splattered with all three colors. When dry, I brushed over the hearts and surrounding area with Soft Gel (Matte) mixed with the punch waste from the border punched edges. If you look carefully you can see the little dots of paper mixed in. Finally, I splattered again with all three colors.
Open Lace Rose Flower Tutorial
- Donna Salazar Designs ~ Spellbinders Grand Peony Dies
- Donna Salazar Designs ~ Spellbinders Rose Creations Dies
- Printed cardstock weight paper. **Note - I've used different papers here than for the flowers on this layout. Both are from Donna's Natural Beauty Collection.
- Lace Scraps (Either lace wide enough to die cut or a lace panel.)
- Paper Scraps
- Decorative brad or button
- Liquid glue such as Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive
- Spellbinders Artisan X-plorer
- Large stylus or pen with rounded cap.
- Round Nose Pliers (Or round object like an artist paint brush)
I've illustrated the process for the largest size flower, you can alter the die sizes in a number of different ways to create a variety of flower sizes to fit your project.