Monday, July 29, 2013

"Celebrate" details for ScrapThat! with Really Reasonable Ribbon.

Weddings are a time for celebration, and I just adore this photo of the wedding party celebrating Elizabeth and Andrew's special day. I created this layout with the ScrapThat! August Kit and also feature several gorgeous ribbons, lace, and cording from the Really Reasonable Ribbon Store.

"Celebrate"
MK, EAO, FAO

Tips and Techniques:
Gem Banner ~ Aren't these crystal encircled pearl gems in the EAO Kit just gorgeous? I used them all in one fell swoop, adding decorative jewelry links from my stash to create this corner feature. I used Tombow 3-D Foam Tabs from RRR to adhere the pearl gems. 

Mixed Media Background ~ I enjoy supporting my photo in subtle ways. This Heartfelt Creations script stamp is 1 Corinthians 13, the Love Chapter. I used Donna Salazar Mix'd Media Inx to stamp. The leaves are created with a DecoArt stencil and molding paste. 

Borders ~ We all have punches in our stash, and I used several to randomly punch around the border, then stitched varying straight, zigzag and curved stitches around the page. 

Corrugated Butterfly and Heart ~ These are hand crafted from corrugated board with tiny ridges, the kind in postal shipping boxes. The heart was wrapped with RRR Iridescent White Metallic String by May Arts and topped with a FAO Prima rose. The Iridescent String is one of Bonnie's must have's from her store. I love the sparkly bling this sweet thread adds to my projects!! My Corrugated Butterfly Tutorial can be found here

Flower Clusters ~ What an amazing variety of gorgeous flowers in the Main Kit and FAO Kit! I separated some of the pink flowers into two pieces and the Beaded Coffee Petaloo flower was brushed with the Moonlight Smooch Accents to soften. I also dabbed a couple shades of purple ink onto the open rose to add visual dimension. 

Ribbon Leaves ~ I wanted the ribbon leaves to be tucked into my cluster, so I cut off lengths of May Arts White Ribbon Leaves with just one or two leaves and placed them around my flowers. 

Chipboard ~ I "painted" on some Smooch Accents in moonlight to add the creamy pearlized accents to this Dusty Attic chipboard from my stash.

Four Loop Ribbon Bow ~ I used a variation on Ginny's double loop bow to create this bow with gorgeous white Seam Binding. Instead of using my fingers, I got creative and used the handles of my pliers. You can find Ginny's Double Loop Bow Tutorial here

Lace ~ I used the gorgeous white rose lace from the MK to accent the photo. I also tucked Juliet Natural Crochet Lace into the borders.

Glittered Butterfly ~ The Etsy butterfly in the MK is so pretty, but just a little dark for this page, so I rubbed some Jasmine Mix'd Media Inx lightly onto the wings, then spread Lavender and Gold Stickles on for some bling. The Want2Scrap pearl flourish is from my stash. 

Distressing ~ My Donna Salazar Distrezz-It-All made quick work of distressing my edges and mat. 

I used this Bird Is the Word sketch and featured word, "Celebrate" as inspiration.

This gorgeous ScrapThat! Kit will be available for purchase to non-subscribers on August 1. Stop by the ScrapThat! Store for details and complete listing of kit contents once the kit is available. Previous kits are currently available for sale. 

If you are looking for a place to buy lovely ribbons and lace stop by the Really Reasonable Ribbon Store.

Really Reasonable Ribbon Products:

Follow on Bloglovin

Thanks for stopping by! I treasure your comments.

~ Blessings ~

16 comments:

  1. This is soooooooo beautiful! I love love love the colors, the flowers and all the pearls!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning layout Tracey it has so many gorgeous elements! I especially love that gem banner :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning Tracey, I love the purple colors, ans such an amazing photo.. make sure you link it up over at BITW too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, this is absolutely gorgeus!!!! LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's are a beautiful design love the element's

    blessing day

    hugs carla

    ReplyDelete
  6. New fave! LOOOVE the pearl 'banner' up in the corner & that blingy butterfly is superb....really, REALLY like your version of the double bow, too.....stunning page:):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous!! Beautiful design and masking! Love the pps, gem banner, and cluster!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Just love how dreamy this layout is with the pearl encrusted gems! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful to see it in the BITW gallery!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your layout looks wonderful, I LOVE all those shabby chic flowers and pearls!!!
    Thanks for playing along with us at BITW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the gem-studded banner and the purple color, Tracey on your beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning layout ,love it, thanks for playing along with us at BITW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! A truly gorgeous layout, Tracey! Thanks for playing along with us at Bird Is the Word!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Uma das páginas mais lindas que eu já vi.
    Parabens!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOWZA I just love this!! Still in awe the purple is great wonderful photo and pretty flowers. Thank you so much for playing with us this month at BITW hugs Amy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just amazing my dear
    tks for playing with us at BITW
    xx
    Leila

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and leave a message! I treasure your comments.