Saturday, July 13, 2013

Birthday Card for the July Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog Hop

Good morning and welcome to the Really Reasonable Ribbon July Blog Hop.

If you are here for the Scrapping Everyday Miracles 2nd Birthday Blog Hop Celebration, go here.

  

If you've just been inspired by Jeannie's fabulous work, you are in the right place. If not, you can join us for some summer inspiration with the gorgeous July RRR Ribbon Club Assortment by hopping on over to the RRR Blog to start at the beginning. There you will find all the blog hop and prize details.



Just look at the gorgeous ribbons in this month's RRR Ribbon Club Assortment! These sizzling citrus colors are perfect to create summer themed projects. I created this birthday card for my my mom using the gorgeous lace and altered orange sheer ribbon.  

Birthday Card

Tips and Techniques:
Colored Ribbon ~ For this card, I needed more of a peach color than the brighter orange, so I spritzed this sheer orange and satin ribbon from the July Ribbon Club Assortment with a golden brown glimmer mist by Tattered Angels called Cork. It turned out to be just the right color to get the look I wanted to achieve. I don't hesitate to snip off a piece of ribbon and experiment with color. There are many ways to color your ribbons from mists, to inks, and even alcohol inks or markers. 

Double Loop Bow ~ This bow took about 18 inches of ribbon. The tutorial for this double loop bow by Ginny can be found here.

Lace ~ Snips of Scor-Tape keep this beautiful lace in place. 

Pearls ~ Every girly card needs a little bling, and I used some of Bonnie's Kaisercraft Pearls next to my sentiment. 

Distressing ~ Done of course with my Donna Salazar Distrezz-It-All

I created another birthday card posted earlier this week using the green Diamond Satin Ribbon in the July Ribbon Club Assortment along with a variety of other ribbons and products from the Really Reasonable Ribbon Store. The green ribbon in the Ribbon Club Assortment was misted and inked to alter the color and bring out the diamond design. 

Details and close-ups of this card can be found here.

Additional RRR products used for this card:
I hope you've been inspired to grab your July RRR Ribbon Club Assortment and start creating!

Your next stop on the RRR July Blog hop will take you to 
to some amazing inspiration from Cheryl

Thank you for hopping through the RRR Blog Hop with us today.

I invite you to scroll on down to my previous post to join us for the Scrapping Everyday Miracles 2nd Birthday Blog Hop Celebration.


I've entered this at:
Word Art Wednesday Challenge #88 Anything Goes. This week's Word Art is 1Timothy 4:12. If you are looking for amazing inspirational Word Art (free), be sure to stop over there!

Follow on Bloglovin

Thanks for stopping by! I treasure your comments.

~ Blessings ~

22 comments:

  1. These are amazing!! I love how you altered the ribbons to match! I really really need to try that. They turned out just perfect!!! Just amazing!! thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwwwwwwwww! These are gorgeous! I love love love the colors, the flowers and what you did with the ribbons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! I love the way that you share how you alter the ribbon color just a bit when you need to so it works with your project. Makes all your ribbons just a bit more versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful, Tracey! Clever idea to spritz your orange ribbon. Good way to stretch your crafty supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so beautiful and elegant!!! I love every bit of both!! Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are gorgeous! I love them so much. I love the flowers and other embellishments you used with the ribbon. Whoever gets these will love them. I sure would. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous! Love that you provided information about how you did these marvelous creations! And inking your ribbon to get it to just the right shade - superb!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, I love both your cards, absolutley lovely.
    cathyplus5.blogspot.ocm

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so neat, I love how you've altered the ribbons from the collection to give them such a different look! Your cards are so pretty!
    hugs, antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Elegant! Lovely inspiration!

    mimi2trentdrew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both cards are just beautiful. I love your bows. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. two faboulous cards. like that you spritz the orange ribbon to change the color.
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. The color combos on both of your cards is gorgeous. TFS.
    D~
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cards you have made.
    byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both of your cards are beautiful! Love the roses and the layers on both cards. I really love that you shared how you can change a ribbon color with some creative thought. This is a great idea because it's a reminder that this can be done if you need a different color ribbon.

    Your cards have tipped the scales for me to join the RRR monthly ribbon kit. I will be signing up when I finish the blog hop! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such pretty cards!


    Tina
    aurathentic@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cards.......love the gorgeous ribbons on both of them, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. SO pretty, Tracey! You're becoming the Ribbon Queen with your new DT position - you're using it all SO beautifully. Thanks for sharing in our challenge. It's always such a blessing to me when you share your pretty art with us.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Tracy...Great projects here. The flower and the ribbons are beautiful and distressing your card made it so cool. Thanks for blessing us this week with your creation at Word Art Wednesday. Hugs and blessings!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. What stunning cards. The first one is my favorite...the blue and orange are so eye catching together.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love struck Greeting Cards. I just loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and leave a message! I treasure your comments.