Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Birthday Card for Really Reasonable Ribbon

Birthdays are such a wonderful time to celebrate the special people in our lives. I created this card for one of our daughters who's favorite color just happens to be purple. It features fabulous ribbon and embellishments from Really Reasonable Ribbon.



Really Reasonable Ribbon Products:
Scor-Tape 6" x 6"

Be sure to check out Bonnie's BIG 3 day sale running from July 10 to 12.
All the details are posted on the RRR Blog

Tips and Techniques:

Dyed Ribbons ~ As you probably know, I like to dye and color my ribbons to coordinate with my papers and other embellishments. Here I dyed the White Wrinkled Ribbon with Alcohol Ink, then once dry, I decided I wanted a deeper purple and mottled colors. I rubbed Distress Ink on a craft mat, misted with water, then I pulled and scrunched the ribbon into the ink. Oooh la la, I love the dimension and texture this added to the color in my ribbon. I also colored the bright green ribbon from the July Ribbon Club Assortment by spritzing it with a golden brown glimmer mist, then inking the edges with purple. Another amazing transformation. You can find my Dying Ribbon with Alcohol Ink Tutorial here

Four Loop Ribbon Bow ~ I used a variation on Ginny's double loop bow to create this bow with my now colored Wrinkled Ribbon. Instead of using my fingers I used something I had on hand - the handle of my pliers. :-) You can find Ginny's Double Loop Bow Tutorial here

Bead Loops ~ These are so easy to create!! I snipped off short lengths of Bonnie's Pearlized String Beads, then formed a loop - kind of in the shape of a daisy petal with the two ends side by side. I crushed off the bottom bead on each side (with pliers) and glued the strings together. An easy way to add a nice touch of bling to any flower cluster. 

Handcrafted Flower ~ I used Spellbinders Spiral Blossom One to create this lovely rolled paper flower. 

Be sure to stop by the Really Reasonable Ribbon Store to check out Bonnie's amazing selection of ribbons, laces and other goodies.

I hope to see you on Saturday for our RRR July Blog Hop.

I have entered this at:
Word Art Wednesday Challenge #88 Anything goes. This week's Word Art is 1 Timothy 4:12. If you are looking for amazing inspirational Word Art (free), be sure to stop over there!! 

Follow on Bloglovin

Thanks for stopping by! I treasure your comments.

~ Blessings ~

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful and very classy!
    I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous - lovely combination of colours, even if I'm not a purple fan - you've almost converted me with this card:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card, Tracey~!

    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow wow wow!! This is gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeeeeee the colors and the flower and ribbons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card, Tracey. Really gorgeous colours. ox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely color combination and I love the scalloped circle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty. I love the purple!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful Love the colors......Lis

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lovely creation - LOVE the purple. You truly are the artistic creator of all things beautiful. LOVE this, and thanks so much for sharing it in our challenge. Have a blessed week my friend.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is SO gorgeous, wow!! Love that bow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card...and the colours work so perfectly together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Saw your card at WAW and had to have a closer look. This is gorgeous...I absolutely love purple. You are so clever to dye the ribbon to match the dp! Love the flower,too! I was "practicing" my flowers the other day and used white card.....think I will sponge on some ink and use it as a focal point. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and leave a message! I treasure your comments.