Summer is at hand with lovely long days. Our broken air conditioner is now fixed and I'm nice and cool again. I hope you're able to stay cool in the heat of July.
Shimmer Tile Tutorial
- Scrabble Tiles (ScrapThat! July Main Kit)
- White Gesso
- Prima Hello Pastel Clear Stamp (ScrapThat! July Main Kit)
- Whispers Clear Glitter Embossing Powder (Holographic)
- Perfect Medium or other clear embossing pad
- Donna Salazar Mix'd Media CHOX Inx ~ Sage
- Donna Salazar Mix'd Media Inx ~ Wisteria
- Heat Tool (Not Pictured)
- Paint Brush (Not Pictured)
Step 2. Once the gesso has dried, stamp the tiles using the Prima Hello Pastel stamp included in the ScrapThat! July Kit. Ink the edges lightly. I used Donna Salazar's Mix'd Media Inx in sage and wisteria, but you can use any colors that coordinate with your page.
Step 3. Once the ink has dried. Press Perfect Medium or any clear embossing pad onto the painted and stamped side of the tile.
Step 4. Sprinkle with clear glitter (holographic) embossing powder and heat set. For even more sparkle you can repeat this step. (I used two coats of embossing powder.)
*****Tip: If you prefer a glossy finish that is not glittery, use clear embossing powder or UTEE.
Here are the finished tiles:
Thanks for dropping by to check out my tutorial!
The July Kit is available in the ScrapThat! Store.
Thanks for stopping by! I treasure your comments.
~ Blessings ~