Monday, March 28, 2022

"Own Your Dreams" Shabby Card with Amazing Paper Grace

Welcome to my creative space!

It's such a joy to be here and have the opportunity to share my passion of mixed media paper crafting with you! Today I have created a sweet and encouraging card to share featuring the Amazing Paper Grace Filigree Marquis die set (S4-1164) from the Classically Becca Collection. If you stop by regularly, you know I'm ready for spring after a long white winter (There's more snow on the ground here at the end of March.) so I've selected beautiful spring colors to use for the card. 

This die set includes the tiny sweet flower and leaf dies used to create the purple blossoms which I've paired with a larger flower and cluster of smaller pink blossoms from Little Birdie Crafts. As you scroll down through the Tips and Techniques section, you will discover the details on how I put this card together. 

Thank you Amazing Paper Grace for providing the dies used on this card!

Tips and Techniques
The beautiful scrolled background is a purplish pink printed paper die cut using the Filigree Marquis set. There are two pieces, an intricate frame and a medallion that perfectly fits inside the frame. I layered these gorgeous shapes over robin's egg blue patterned paper and framed the entire card with green. The green patterned paper was a little too light for my taste, so I darkened it up a little with some Peeled Paint Distress Ink.

These darling little blossoms are cut with the flower dies included in the Filigree Marquis die set. They're cut from the same pink paper as the background. I wanted to add a pop of color, so inked the edges a bit with Seedless Preserves Distress Ink before shaping them. I cupped the petals forward, then rolled the larger petals back with the end of my stylus and finished them off with a tiny golden rhinestone. The leaves are die cut from the paper used to frame the card and rubbed with the same Peeled Paint ink. 

I hand cut a motif from a lace strip to tuck under the main flower cluster and had this scalloped edge piece left over that was perfect tucked into the paper layers here. The sentiment is from the Tim Holtz Small Talk set and inked with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink and just the tiniest amount of Seedless preserves to coordinate with the die cut layers. While it would have been fine to leave it white, I just like the soft color inking gives to the sentiment. 

I pulled a few embellishments from my stash to create the focal cluster including gorgeous Little Birdie Crafts flowers, Finnabair Diamond Art Pebbles which are nearly clear with faceted domes that reflect colors from the card beautifully, and a vintage button along with metal wing charms (from Amazon) and an older metal flourish from my stash. The Metal pieces are colored with Finnabair Metallique waxes in pinks and purples to coordinate.

I've added textural elements by layering the flowers over the lace piece I mentioned earlier and a bed of natural sisal fiber.

Amazing Paper Grace Die Sets:

Paper:
  • Miscellaneous printed papers from my stash
  • Cardstock ~ 110lb white for card base

Ink:
  • Ranger ~ Distress Ink: Peeled Paint; Seedless Preserves; Victorian Violet

Mixed Media:
  • Finnabair with Prima Marketing ~ Metallique Wax: Rose Gold; Heather Hills; Sweet Rose

Embellishments:

Adhesives:
  • Beacon ~ 3-IN-1 Advanced Craft Glue
  • Beacon ~ Fabri-Tac
  • Double Sided Tape ~ 1/4" 
  • Tombo ~ Mono MULTI Liquid Glue
  • Scotch Quick-Dry Adhesive

Tools:
  • Spellbinders ~ Platinum 6
Thank you Little Birdie Crafts for supplying products used to create this card.

Little Birdie Crafts can be purchased at their online store.

Use code TRACEY05 for a 5% discount.

I receive a small commission at not cost to you.




Thanks for stopping by! I treasure your comments.

~ Blessings ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and leave a message! I treasure your comments.