Welcome to my creative space!
Spring is officially here and has brought with it warming temperatures and the first blossoms of the year. This floral spring card features the fabulous Amazing Paper Grace Fluted Classics Circles die set (S4-1150). I've also used the companion Fluted Classics Squares set (S4-1151). These edges are just so beautiful and can be used in a wide range of styles.
I've also used the Candlewick Rosebud Dies Candlewick Sampler Collection (S4-1015) to create tiny roses and rose buds to pair with larger Little Birdie Crafts Flowers. The leafy bits are cut with Petite Floral Potpourri (S3-420) As you scroll down through the Tips and Techniques section, you will discover the details on how I put this card together.
Thank you Amazing Paper Grace for providing the dies used on this card!
Tips and Techniques
These gorgeous fluted edges create such beautiful layers to build this shabby chic card on. I've combined a couple larger flowers from Little Birdie Crafts with this delicate handcrafted rose and rose buds cut with the Candlewick Rosebud die set using creamy mulberry paper. They are set atop of a bed of natural sisal and leaf sprigs cut with Petite Floral Potpourri dies. I cut a motif from a lace strip to peek out from the bottom of the fluted circle. It's inked with Tattered Rose Distress Ink to coordinate with the flowers and circle.
The cluster is embellished with Finnabair Art Pebbles. I also added texture with rose colored fragments and white Prills. The sentiment is from the Tim Holtz Small Talk set. I showed the "finished" card to our granddaughter who promptly said that it needed a bug, so she helped me select this tiny bee charm and colored it with Rose Gold Metallique Wax. At the top I tucked in a sparkling gem.
This is the final shot, but the first thing I did to build this card is to adhere the two square background layers together, then spattered them with white ink to give visual texture and add to the shabby feel of this card.
I hope you've enjoyed learning the process for creating this card and will be inspired to try these dies out on a shabby chic creation.
Amazing Paper Grace Die Sets:
- S4-1150 Fluted Classics Circles
- S4-1151 Fluted Classics Squares
- S3-420 Petite Floral Potpourri
- S4-1015 Candlewick Rosebud Dies Candlewick Sampler Collection
- Prima Marketing ~ Something Blue - 6x6" Paper Pad
- Mulberry Paper ~ Cream
- Ranger ~ Distress Ink: Tattered Rose; Iced Spruce
- Finnabair with Prima Marketing ~ Matter Gel Medium
- Finnabair with Prima Marketing ~ Metallique Wax: Rose Gold
- Higgins Drawing Ink ~ White
- Little Birdie Crafts ~ Serenade Flowers, Orchid
- Little Birdie Crafts ~ Elsie Flowers, Carnation
- Finnabair with Prima Marketing ~ Art Pebbles: Sugar; Vintage
- Tim Holtz with Idea-ology ~ Antiqued Gems
- Tim Holtz with Idea-ology ~ Small Talk
- Little Birdie Crafts ~ Sisal Fiber, Natural
- Lace from my stash
- Stampendous ~ Fragments: Rose
- US Artquest ~ Prills: Minnie Pearls
- Metal Bee Charm from Amazon
- Beacon ~ 3-IN-1 Advanced Craft Glue
- Beacon ~ Fabri-Tac
- Double Sided Tape ~ 1/4"
- Tombo ~ Mono MULTI Liquid Glue
- Scotch Quick-Dry Adhesive
- Spellbinders ~ Platinum 6
Thank you Little Birdie Crafts for supplying products used to create this card.