Friday, February 14, 2020

Masculine Grungy "Love" Valentine Card

Welcome to my creative space.

Happy Valentine's Day my dear friends!!

Today I'm sharing this grungy, masculine card I created for my dear husband.
Scroll down to see how I put it all together.

Tips and Techniques
I cut this Geo Heart Frame from metallic cardstock using the new Tim Holtz Geo Frames die set. The love sentiment is cut from black cardstock using his Script die set. I lightly brushed the sentiment with finnabair waxes to give a rusty effect. 

Tim's Sprocket Gears, Story Stick and Hardware Head. All of the metal pieces are rubbed with Finnabair waxes to give a rusty effect.

Here's a cluster of Tim's Mini Gears.

I diecut one of Tim's Geo Insect's and lightly brushed them with Finnabair's waxes. I trimmed them apart and tucked them in to give the heart a set of wings.


Don't you just adore the Abandoned paper pack? I'm so happy it is now a part of Tim's regular line with Idea-ology! This piece had just the perfect colors to create a rusty, grungy Valentine. I stamped the background with this clock from Tim's Inventor 1 rubber stamp set. My husband is an engineer and was immediately drawn to this image when he saw the card. After stamping the card, I added the black border and then stitched around the edges on my sewing machine with black thread. Then the other elements were adhered.


Supplies
Tim Holtz with Idea-ology ~ Abandoned 8x8 Paper Stash
Tim Holtz with Idea-ology ~ Metallic Jewels Kraft Stock 8x8 Paper Stash
Tim Holtz with Idea-ology ~ Classic Kraft Stock 8x8 Paper Stash
Tim Holtz with Idea-ology ~ Hardware Heads
Tim Holtz with Idea-ology ~ Sprocket Gears
Tim Holtz with Idea-ology ~ Mini Gears
Tim Holtz with Idea-ology ~ Story Sticks
Tim Holtz with Sizzix ~ Geo Frames Thinlets Die Set 
Tim Holtz with Sizzix ~ Geo Insects Thinlets Die Set 
Tim Holtz with Sizzix ~ Celebration Words - Script Thinlets Die Set 
Tim Holtz with Stampers Anonymous ~ Cling Rubber Stamps - Inventor 1
Ranger ~ Archival Ink Pad - Jet Black
Prima ~ Finnabair: Art Alchemy: Metallique Wax - Charcoal Black
Prima ~ Finnabair: Art Alchemy: Matte Brilliance Wax - Red Amber; Fire Ruby
Helmar ~ 450 Quick Dry Adhesive
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L ~ Crafty Power Tape
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L ~ Crafty Foam Tape
Tombo ~ Mono MULTI Liquid Glue
Tim Holtz with Tonic ~ Travel Stamp Platform
Sizzix ~ Big Shot
Sizzix ~ Chrome Precision Base Plate
Sewing Machine
Black Thread
Black Cardstock

Thanks for stopping by! I treasure your comments.

~ Blessings ~

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and leave a message! I treasure your comments.