Monday, September 11, 2017

"Dream On" Mixed Media Altered Frame for ScrapBerry's


Welcome to my creative space! 

Today I have an altered frame to share with you featuring gorgeous ScrapBerry's flowers, stamps, and the Nature's Spirit Collection. I'm always on the look out for things to alter and recently found this wire flower pot frame in a thrift store. It was silver with dated enameled wire tulips across the top. I changed the color with alcohol inks and added beautiful ScrapBerry's products to transform it into a trendy mixed media home decor piece.

Football is a popular sport in northeast Ohio. My sister started a tradition back when our son was born, giving him his first Cleveland Browns outfit (our local team). When his daughter was born, of course she just had to give her a little Cleveland Browns cheerleader romper. Our daughter-in-law took this sweet photo of the two of them dressed for the start of football season recently, and I couldn't resist using the team's brown and orange colors to decorate the frame for this sweet photo that I will be giving to her.

The theme of the September/October challenge at ScrapBerry's is Autumn Splendor.
Be sure to stop by the ScrapBerry's blog to check out all the
gorgeous inspiration by the design team.
You can find all the challenge details HERE.

FTC Disclosure: I am currently working as a freelance designer for ScrapBerry's. While I am compensated in product, I maintain the freedom as an independent designer to say what I truly think of these products and will not recommend something that I don’t personally use and enjoy.

Tips and Techniques  
I've featured Brown Curly Roses paired with Yellow and Orange Stemmed Lilies across the top of the frame. I die cut the leaves from one of the Nature's Spirit sheets in the 6x6" pad, crinkled them, and rubbed with ink to highlight the texture. They fit perfectly over the metal leaves that are part of the frame. For added texture and to hide the wire stems, I added pearls and prills.

 
I just adore these sweet leaves from ScrapBerry's Free Spirit stamp set. I stamped them onto white cardstock with permanent black ink, fussy cut, then blended blue and green Stains Ink Pads over them to color along with a little bit of Vintage Photo Distress Ink to add a grungy feel. The resulting teal color pairs perfectly with the orange and brown flowers and "rusty" flower pot.

This sentiment from the Dream On Set is stamped and colored the same way as the feathers. Rather than fussy cutting, I tore around the words, then colored. And ahem, yes, the browns haven't had a winning season in a decade and only won a single game last year, so this sentiment is perfect!

ScrapBerry's Supply List

Nature’s Spirit 6x6 Paper Collection(SCB220610009x)

Set of clear stamps - Dream On (SCB4907109)
Set of clear stamps - Free Spirit (SCB4907107)
Stains Ink Pad Brown - (SCB1210508)
Stains Ink Pad Green - (SCB1210505)
Stains Ink Pad Blue - (SCB1210503)
Stemmed Lily - Yellow & Orange (SCB290405)
Paper Flowers - Curly Rose – Brown (SCB280610)

Other Products
Flower Pot Frame (Thrift Store)
Prima ~ Memory Hardware - Pearls #990381
US ArtQuest ~ Prills - Express-O Yourself
Ranger ~ Distress Ink - Vintage Photo
Ranger ~ Alcohol Ink - Rust; Expresso
Ranger ~ Archival Ink
Dina Wakley Media ~ Gel Medium
Elizabeth Craft Designs ~ Susan’s Garden - Woodland Leaves, Steel Cutting Die
Helmar ~ 450 Quick Dry Adhesive
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L ~ 3D Foam Squares - Back, Small
Beacon ~ 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue



Thanks for stopping by! I treasure your comments.

~ Blessings ~

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Tracey, this is amazing!! First of all, that is the most adorable picture!! Her sweet smile is priceless!! I love how you've altered the frame!! The details you added are just perfect!! This is so stunning and what a perfect way to showcase that photo!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is AMAZING! I am loving it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is so clever to alter the flower pot like that.. I love the flowers along the top, and I adore that sweet photo!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and leave a message! I treasure your comments.