Sunday, September 15, 2013
Our children grow up all too quickly. This photo was taken about 16 years ago and our children are now all grown. Where does the time go? When we lived in North Carolina, we often vacationed at Morrow Mountain Park. We would rent a cabin for the week. Joseph and Gary would often spend the day fishing while the girls and I would hike around the trails. Here Joseph, Elizabeth, and Maria are climbing on some fallen trees.
I've created this page featuring Really Reasonable Ribbon and a sketch from the September Dusty Attic Challenge. Bonnie at RRR has a wonderful selection of natural fiber ribbons, lace, and is now carrying Wild Orchid Craft Mulberry Flowers.
Here's the lovely DA Sketch:
Really Reasonable Ribbon Products
Tips and Techniques
A mixed cluster of flowers. I often purchase white or cream colors so that I can ink them to coordinate with my layout as I did here. From the Really Reasonable Ribbon Store, I've included the Open Rose, Cosmos Daisy, and Cottage Rose - all in white. These flowers are so perfect to nestle in among other flowers in my stash. I hand crocheted the layer under the open rose.
Another view of this cluster. Here you can also see the gorgeous Burlap Woven Ribbon. Rather than using a length of this ribbon, I cut sections of it and pulled it apart at one end to tuck into my clusters for added dimension and interest. Here you can also see some of my stamping, border punching, and machine stitched border.
I stamped and embossed my title, then inked the background paper. The embossing acts as a resist. The cluster to the right includes a Sweetheart Rose, Cosmos Daisy, and more of the Burlap Woven Ribbon.
This butterfly die-cut was included in the paper collection I used. I painted Distress Stickles across the wings.
A close-up of the top flower cluster with some of the Natural Jute Ribbon peeking out from under the photo mat.
I painted up this Dusty Attic Vine Frame with metallic paints, then shaded with distress markers. Distress stickles were brushed on the outer frame to add texture.
This DA wicker fence was embellished with Sweetheart Blossoms. I painted it and added the woodgrain with a marker.
This DA Grass Cluster was painted with golds and greens, then I added microbeads to the seed head.
I hope you've been inspired to create a project for
Be sure to stop by the RRR Blog for all the details and prize information.
Thanks for stopping by! I treasure your comments.
~ Blessings ~