This morning's snowfall has melted away, but left a hint of the winter to come. I have one final layout from the gorgeous November ScrapThat! Kit to share with you today. It was really a joy to work with this amazing kit featuring Bo Bunny Serenade and full of so many wonderful embellishments.
This photo of Rachel and her bridesmaids taken before the wedding is one that really caught my eye. I talked with her about it over Thanksgiving and found out that it is a shot that Rachel suggested to the photographer. I love how the girls look like they are having so much fun peaking out from behind the columns.
~Using the MK, EAO, & FAO Kits ~
I used Amy's gorgeous November Sketch:
Tips and Techniques:
Corrugated Board ~ You can see the corrugated board layered behind my photo. I have so much fun with this household item. Whenever I get some packaging that has the narrow little corrugation, it goes into my stash. Here I used a foam brush to lightly apply some black paint to the top ridges of the corrugation and edges. When dry, I applied some Ranger Rock Candy Crackle Paint for some great texture.
Hand Stitching ~ After the paint was dry on the corrugated board, I used my handy piercing tool to create stitching holes around the curved edge along with some x's.
Misted Rock Salt Chipboard ~ My tutorial for the grungy finish on the chipboard door can be found here.
Curled Vine ~ The jeweled Prima leaves came with brown wire stems, which I pulled off to create the vines in my cluster. I wrapped the wire around a narrow metal bar for making wire coils, but anything like a knitting needle, or paint brush would work.
Flowers ~ The November ScrapThat! main kit included this gorgeous WOC poppy and the sweet little white poppies. The Flower Add-On Kit included the amazing Prima Gracie vine and lovely Cabaletta blossoms in white, black, and Grey. I layered some of the black tulle under the red poppy.
Punched Frame ~ I needed a different size frame than my punch set would allow, so I punched it larger, trimmed the ends and overlapped the ends resulting in the lovely corner.
Chipboard ~ I simply used some metallic paint on this Dusty Attic Holly piece to tuck under the flower cluster.
Distressing ~ Of course I used my Distrezz-It-All to distress all the straight edges.
My sweet friend, Helen Tilbury, is having an amazing give-away on her blog, Scrap Addict. It is international and open to everyone. You just need to be one of her followers. Her work is amazing, and you will enjoy following her gorgeous work!! Look what all she is including in her package:
Thanks for stopping by! I treasure your comments.
~ Blessings ~