Friday, February 4, 2022

Amazing Paper Grace February Die of the Month - Marvelous Medallion

Welcome to my creative space!

Love is in the air with this dramatic Valentine featuring the fabulous Amazing Paper Grace February Die of the Month: Marvelous Medallion. Valentine's Day is just around the corner so I couldn't resist pulling out beautiful reds and florals to create a Valentine with touches of steampunk by adding grungy hearts and gears with splashes of black to give this delicate die set a bit of a masculine feel. I've paired it with a sweet bookmark. I realize many people now read ebooks; however, bound books are precious in our home, and I don't want to chance any ink transferring to the pages, so there's no ink or texture on this double-sided bookmark.

Many thanks to Amazing Paper Grace for providing the dies used in this project!


Steampunk Valentine Card

Bookmark

Tips and Techniques
I just adore the sweet flower and foliage dies that Becca includes in her Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month sets. I kept these simple since I was going for a more grungy effect. The blossoms are die cut from coordinating red cardstock, inked, then shaped. There are two sets of petals for each blossom that are adhered together with a black pearl in the center. The foliage is cut from black cardstock.

There are three dies to cut this gorgeous background so it is easy to layer with the shadow piece. The center piece is cut with two dies. I chose to include a black background layer to this center to provide contrast. There are so many creative ways to combine these beautiful die cuts. I abutted the three pieces together to create one continuous background piece.

I stamped two grungy text-filled hearts and fussy cut them to embellish my Valentine. If you don't have this type of stamp, you could draw a grungy heart outline and fill it with a text stamp, then fussy cut to get a similar embellishment. I layered gears onto the hearts as well as tucking in a few around the flowers. Around the clusters. Prills and microbeads are also addedfor grungy texture. I brushed soft gel medium around the flowers then sprinkled on the wine color Prills followed by a few copper microbeads.

I wasn't sure the stamped images would show up against the red focal paper since it already had black script across it, so I inked some white cardstock to coordinate, then stamped the hearts and sentiment on the inked paper.

I spattered on some black ink to enhance the grungy feel. I covered the sentiment with a small piece of scrap cardstock, then let the spatter fall over the rest of the card, especially in the red area outside of the die cut. I dip a long bristle liner brush into the ink, then tap it over the card to get the spatters.

I used patterned paper from a 6x6" pad, so cut 3/8" off of the top and right the side (with less patterning) and layered onto a 6x6" piece of black cardstock to frame the card.

To create the bookmark, I die cut two solid black pieces and two of the patterned intricate pieces. I applied glue to the backs of the solid pieces, then laid the ribbon down the center before sandwiching the two pieces together. Once set, I adhered a scrolled die cut to each side. 

Supplies:
Accessories:

Paper:
  • Prima Marketing ~ Stationer's Desk - 6x6" Paper Pad
  • Cardstock; Black, Dark Red; White

Stamps:
  • Finabair with Prima Marketing ~ Cling Stamps; Trust the Magic; Now Is the Right Time
  • Close to My Heart ~ Just to Say... 

Ink:
  • Versafine ~ Onyx Black Ink
  • Ranger ~ Distress Ink: Aged Mahogany; Fired Brick; Hickory Smoke
  • Ranger ~ Distress Oxide Ink: Black Soot

Embellishments:
  • The Paper Studio ~ Spare Parts - Gears
  • Queen & Co. ~ Pearls - Nightfall
  • Ribbon, Red

Mixed Media:
  • US ArtQuest ~ Mini Prills - Stop Wining
  • Finnabair with Prima Marketing ~ Microbeads - Copper
  • Finnabair with Prima Marketing ~ Soft Matte Gel
  • Higgins ~ Drawing Ink - Black

Adhesives:
  • Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L ~ Crafty Foam Tape, White
  • Double Sided Tape ~ 1/4" 
  • Scotch ~ Quick Dry Adhesive
  • Beacon ~ 3-IN-1 Advanced Craft Glue
  • Beacon ~ Fabri-Tac

Tools:
  • Spellbinders ~ Platinum 6
For more Marvelous Medallion Inspiration from the Creative Team:

Visit each blog linked below for their take on creative paper crafting ideas with Marvelous Medallion, the Amazing Paper Grace February 2022 Die of the Month!

Visit Kate Skonieczna
Visit Joanna Wisniewska
Visit Patricia Manhire
Visit Agnieszka Posluszny
Visit Elena Olinevich
Visit Anita Kejriwal
Visit Katarzyna Bobrowska
Visit Tracey Sabella <<That's me>>
Visit Robin Clendenning
Visit Rajni Chawla

The Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month is available exclusively at Spellbinders Paper Arts during February 2022, Marvelous Medallion along with other membership perks.

For more information be sure to view this month’s
Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month video:

I would adore hearing from you! Please leave a comment below letting me know how you will use these gorgeous dies!





Thanks for stopping by! I treasure your comments.

~ Blessings ~

2 comments:

  1. Wow your Valentine's Day card is amazing and your bookmark is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The recipient of your card will really be a happy one and the bookmark is amazing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and leave a message! I treasure your comments.