Welcome to my creative space!
I have adored working with alcohol inks for many years, but don't get them out as often as I used to. Alcohol pearls and inks are trending right now, so I thought I'd pull them out and try a new technique by using Alcohol Pearls with Vellum. I just adore the way this combination turned out to use as a gorgeous background to die cut with Amazing Paper Fluted Classics Circles (S4-1150). I took things a step further by using this same technique with Alcohol Lift-Ink to stamp a lovely sentiment with the Just a Note Sentiments Tag Clear Stamp & Die Set (SDS-169) from the Sweet Serenade Collection.
You can find the full tutorial for using alcohol pearls and Lift-Ink using vellum exclusively in the Amazing Paper Grace Creative - Creative Encouragement Community Facebook Group.
This lovely group includes exclusive tutorial content. I share a mixed media tutorial there on the 13th of each month. The tutorial for this project includes a detailed step by step photo tutorial teaching you how to create this one of a kind patterned paper for your projects. If you're not a part of this fabulous and encouraging group you can join HERE.
To accent this beautiful alcohol pearl background, I wanted a strong contrast, so die cut the beautiful medallion from black using the Scalloped Symphony Notecard set (S6-177) and created a shadow with gold. The gorgeous flowers are die cut from soft, textured mulberry paper using the Candlewick Rosebud Dies (S4-1015).
Thank you Amazing Paper Grace for providing the dies used in this project.
Here you can see the how the vellum alcohol pearl background die cut beautifully with the fluted edges.
The Alcohol Lift-Ink created a beautiful sentiment. These flowers using the Candlewick Rosebud dies are so beautiful cut from mulberry paper. I like having a few handcrafted flowers on hand to use on projects, so I die cut a bunch of these blossoms in the smallest size, then sat down and formed a pile of roses and buds while watching some television. That made it quick and easy to finish off this lovely card with beautiful blossoms.
The black provides a beautiful contrast to the bold alcohol pearls. It doesn't photograph well, but there is so much pearlescent shimmer in the alcohol pearled background.
One final shot of this sweet card.
Amazing Paper Grace Dies and Stamps
- Prima Marketing ~ Epiphany 6x6" Paper Pad
- Tim Holtz with Idea-ology ~ Kraft-Stock Metallic 3, Champagne
- Mulberry Paper ~ Cream
- Tim Holtz with Ranger ~ Alcohol Pearls: Intrigue; Tranquil; Celestial; Villainous
- Tim Holtz with Ranger ~ Alcohol Lift-Ink
- Tim Holtz with Ranger ~ Alcohol Blending Solution
- Jacquard ~ Alcohol Ink - Piñata: Brass
- Large Stamen (for flower centers)
- Finnabair with Prima Marketing: Soft Matte Gel
- Little Birdie Crafts ~ Metal Microbeads: Deep Marine
- US ArtQuest ~ Mini Prills: Lavender & Lace; Hot Mama
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L ~ Crafty Foam Tape - Black
- Beacon ~ 3-IN-1 Advanced Craft Glue
- Beacon ~ Fabri-Tac
- Scotch ~ Quick Dry Adhesive
- Tombo ~ Mono MULTI Liquid Glue
- Double Sided Tape ~ 1/4"
- Tim Holtz with Ranger ~ Alcohol Ink Air Blower
- Spellbinders ~ Platinum 6
When purchasing from Little Birdie Crafts HERE
Use code TRACEY05 for a 5% discount.
I receive a small commission at no cost to you.
Thank you Little Birdie for providing some of the supplies used for this project.