Monday, April 19, 2021

Rusty Journey Art Journal Panel with Video Tutorial for Little Birdie Crafts


Welcome to my creative space!

When I first laid eyes on Little Birdie's The Classic Gentleman collection, I knew I had to create a birthday card for my husband with this fabulous vintage car image. My design ended up being too heavy for a card, so I created this art panel instead. 

I was inspired by this amazing rusty brake pad piece to transform Little Birdie cogs with a grungy texture paste effect I created. Be sure to view my video to see this DIY transformation along with a full project tutorial.

All the close-ups and details can be found on the Little Birdie Crafts blog HERE.
It would be great if you could stop over there to leave a comment.

If you would like to see a full supply list, please scroll down.
Little Birdie Crafts can be purchased at their online store.
Be sure to check out the current sales HERE.

Use code TRACEY05 for a 5% discount.

I receive a small commission at not cost to you.

Here are a couple close-ups showing a little more detail:


I have created a full DIY video tutorial for you with voice instructions to share all the details on how to create this rusty industrial art panel including a technique to create grungy rusty gears and details on and industrial metal finish used on the diecut cogs and rotor blade seen above.. I hope you find inspiration and learn new techniques as you view it.

Enjoy!


Little Birdie Crafts Supplies
Texture Sand

Other Supplies
Thin Kraft Chipboard
Heavy Chipboard for base (Paper Pad Back)
Corrugated Packaging
Tim Holtz with Idea-ology ~ Paper Dolls
Tim Holtz with Idea-ology ~ Metallic Sticker Book
Tim Holtz with Sizzix ~ Thinlits - Stacked Deckle
Tim Holtz with Sizzix ~ Bigz - Steampunk Parts
Tim Holtz with Ranger ~ Distress Ink - Black Soot, Ground Espresso
DecoArt ~ Crafter's Acrylic: Bright Orange; Burnt Umber; Yellow
US Artquest ~ Prills - Express-O Yourself
Bronze Mini Microbeads
Silicone Glue
Wonder Tape ~ Foam Tape
EK Success ~ Craft Tweezers
Wagner ~ HT 400 Heat Gun


Thanks for stopping by! I treasure your comments.
~ Blessings ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and leave a message! I treasure your comments.