Friday, December 21, 2012
Only 4 more sleeps til Christmas! I wish each of you and your families a blessed and wondrous Christmas. I have several Christmas and winter layouts I will be sharing with you between now and Christmas. I hope you enjoy our celebrations of seasons past.
Today I would like to share the details of a layout using the
Main, FAO, and EAO Kits
I have such wonderful memories of our children participating in a home school Christmas play so many years ago. I just adore this sweet photo of Elizabeth with her crooked little angel wings, so innocent and precious. I used several sheets of the gorgeous Kaisercraft Turtle Dove Collection. When I saw the angel paper and chipboard angels in the Embellishment Add-On Kit, I knew I would have to scrap this photo.
Tips and Techniques:
Snowy Mist ~ I have a couple Mister Huey Color Mists. These mists are chalky rather than glimmery and the white gives the snowy effect I used here on my background.
Music Background ~ The center portion of the paper from the torn angel corner was a beautiful cream color. I stamped it in brown with a music stamp to peak through the die cut section.
Painted "Photo Mat" ~ One of the sentiment blocks from the paper had the lovely green and red floral border which would be a perfect backdrop for this photo, that is if the sentiment wasn't in the center of it. I painted over the words in a sunburst pattern using a couple shades of cream to give a halo effect behind the photo.
Wire ~ I curled the May Arts silver ball wire to add to my clusters. I snipped some of the wires off of the Prima kit flowers and coiled them to create the green vine tendrils.
Berries ~ The red kit pearls were just a little bright for this page, so I painted some cranberry alcohol ink on them and when dry applied across my leaf stems as berries.
Bridal Lace ~ My photo cut off the bottom of Elizabeth's beautiful dress, so I fussy cut the beaded lace flowers from a piece of bridal lace to trim out the bottom of the photo.
Flowers ~ The gorgeous jeweled flowers in the Flower Kit are by Prima, and I added some smaller white roses to the cluster that I cut from white cardstock, a staple in my stash, using my Donna Salazar Bitty Blossoms dies by Spellbinders.
Leaves ~ I used a scrap of my kit paper to cut these beautiful leaf stems using the Spellbinder Foliage die. I used distress ink on the edges and a black marker to doodle the leaves and stems.
Thanks for dropping by! I treasure your comments.
~ Blessings ~