When you live in North Carolina and come to Ohio for the holidays, your children are dreaming of a white Christmas. Joseph got his wishes with a big snow fitting for an afternoon of sledding on one of those trips. The driving range near my husband's parents home has this large hill that brings out many of the small town's children to enjoy the slippery snow. Yes, this is the same son featured in yesterdays wedding post, so you know this was taken just a few years ago.
Today I would like to share the details of my layout using the
Main, EAO, and FAO kits
Tips and Techniques
Flower Cluster ~ I used these gorgeous flowers from the main and FAO kits to create a cluster. The twine flower was created with the kit's red baker's twin using my twine flower tutorial, which can be found here. I also curled some of the paper ribbon to tuck in among the flowers.
Found Objects ~ I have a stash of chicken wire from my friends, Barb and Mandy. It's authentic - straight from the barn and had actually been used in a chicken coop. This summer, my mom raided her jewelry box for items she no longer wears. This dangle earring was one of those items.
Paper Snowflakes ~ The snowflakes were cut from white cardstock using my Gazelle and Martha Stewart punches borrowed from a friend. I then heat embossed three layers of holographic embossing powder to give them the glittery sparkle.
Metal Snowflakes ~ The main kit contains these sweet metal snowflakes - three white, and three silver. The silver got lost on my background paper, so a quick coat of white acrylic made them pop like the others.
Chipboard Horn ~ I used a more simple technique here - a couple coats of metallic paint - gold for the horn and red for the bow.
Fussy Cutting ~ The berry sprigs and pine tree were cut from the gorgeous Kaisercaft Turtle Dove papers.
Buckle Frame ~ I thought the main kit Santa Buckle would make a great frame. I had a printing mishap and ended up with three of the same photo, marred in different spots. By layering and framing, I was able to use all three.
Twine Tucks ~ To fill in my clusters, I wired loops of jute twine and secured the wire under my clustered embellishments.
Distressing ~ I used my favorite distressing tool on all the straight edges, my Donna Salazar Distrezz-It-All by Zutter.
Thanks for stopping by! I treasure your comments.
~ Blessings ~