Monday, December 13, 2010

Cool 16 - ScrapFit #33 Challenge

Maria has decided that she doesn't like to have her picture taken, so this was the best that I had from her 16th birthday party.  It is actually quite a fun photo that shows her quirky personality.  


ScrapFit Challenge #33 is to find inspiration in this wonderful retro Slinky ad:


My inspiration is the fabulous retro feel.  With the photo I was scrapping, I decided to go with a 60's retro feel, and notice the "Slinky" effect I got by coiling teal wire and putting the "cool" "16" on either end of it like the toys in the Slinky ad.  I also enjoyed using the vintage buttons from my MIL's button stash that are from the 60's era as flower centers.  These great 60's rub-ons were also lurking in my stash.  This was a great challenge that got me out of my box to try a different style than I typically use.   

 Here's a close up of the "Slinky" feature"

And of the journal box and rub-ons:


I was also thrilled to find a great 60's dingbat file to cut the journal boxes on my Gazelle and used Bell Bottom Laser for my font.  Here's a hint if you use dingbats for cutting files.  I have created a Word file with every letter, upper and lower, and every key stroke.  I highlight it all then select the dingbat as the font, and put it in a large font size to be able to see all the options.  When I see a ding image I want to use, I highlight it then select a normal font.  That will tell me what letter I need to use to get the  desired image.  I copy and paste that word document for each of my ding files which I keep organized in folders.

Scrap-Friendzy's Scrap UR Stash Challenge #9 is my inspiration to use the great vintage buttons.
My sketch inspiration came from the talented sketch artist, Ingeborg Dijkstra-Verbeek:
~ BLESSINGS ~


1 comment:

  1. Like the finished page. The lettering with the slinky looks retro.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and leave a message! I treasure your comments.