Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Stockings ~ ScrapFit Christmas Tradition Challenge and Bo Bunny Layout Challenge Friday

I was so excited to see the ScrapFit challenge to create a layout about a Christmas Tradition. Our family has hung and filled stockings every Christmas for 28 years and counting. My family didn't do stockings growing up, but it was an important tradition in my DH's family. So important that my MIL, Vicky, hand crafted these gorgeous stockings for each of us.  Gary really likes this page!  If you would like to see some of the details more closely, just click on the photo and click again to get a nice close-up look.


I used these gorgeous Bo Bunny papers from the Noel collection using the Bo Bunny Layout Friday Challenge Sketch:

Noel Cheer - Red patterned background block and frame around photo - both stitched and distressed
Noel Joy - Green patterned circle - edges punched with Martha Stewart Rain Drops  Corner Punch and glittered
Noel Ornaments - Fussy cut around ornaments and pine boughs and used gold Stickles on the bulbs with edges stitched and distressed.
Noel Rejoice - Background paper and fussy cut Twas the Night Before Christmas and added green pearl accents.  Title lettering cut from back of this paper on my Gazelle and inked with white ink, then topped with Star Dust Stickles.

I used walnut ink to stain some lace from my stash to go below the photo.

Thanks to the ScrapURStash Challenge #12 at Scrap-Friendzy - I used the punch and my Gazelle in creating this LO.

The technique to use a corner punch around a cut out circle came from one of my favorite scrap artists, Lisa Nazario-Gregory.  Here is her video tutorial.  What a fabulous and gorgeous way to get extra miles out of those corner punches.

Thanks so much for stopping by to take a look.

Wishing each of you a blessed and joyful Christmas.

~ BLESSINGS ~

5 comments:

  1. Tracey, I want to tell you how much I love your LO, and thanks for the link!! I don't know if I have ever seen that corner punch before, but I love it!! What a perfect photo for the papers!!! Beautiful LO too...Merry Christmas to you and your family.
    {{{hugs}}}
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great layout. I love the colors and it is very festive. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful layout! Love all the layers. Happy New Year!

    Christine aka blankiefinder (#71 @ FP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep up the good work. That was a great post. I want to share it with some of
    my friends through digg. I am sure that they will see most of the content quite helpful.
    Visit my blog post ... cute christmas Gift ideas for girlfriend

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and leave a message! I treasure your comments.