Welcome to my creative space!
I think it's always lovely to make someone feel special with a handcrafted card and this sweet Amazing Paper Grace You're Amazing die set (S4-1203) shines with this fabulous sentiment. Not only is it such a wonderful and encouraging sentiment, but the font is just amazing too! This set includes the background die seen here which can be cut individually like I did for this card, or repeat cut to fill your background.
When I consider summer, I think of gorgeous flowers and fluttering insects like this butterfly, bee, and the ladybug that keeps blossoms free of aphids.
To learn all the details on how I put this sweet card together, please scroll down through my Tips and Techniques section below for close-ups and loads of details.
Thank you Amazing Paper Grace for providing the dies used in this project.
Tips and Techniques
The gorgeous background piece is die cut from green patterned paper, then inked with Speckled Egg Distress Ink to add a little blue and to help make it pop against the background. I used 1/8" foam tape strips to pop it up for dimension. The sweet sentiment is cut from thin white cardstock from a piece of packaging, then painted with Finnabair Metallique Emerald Green Paint. It could also be cut from metallic cardstock, but to get this deep green/blue color, I thought the paint would work best here. I just adore how this color varies from greens to blues. I cut three more pieces of the "ing" letters from the thin chipboard and glued them to the back of the sentiment, so it would sit level over the popped up die cut piece.
I've used summery Little Birdie Crafts flowers from the Woodland Stories Collection to create this lovely floral cluster. These lovely flowers are dry brushed with white gesso to add a grungy, shabby feel. The chipboard vines are from Dusty Attic and painted with more of the Emerald Green paint along with Mermaid Teal, then dry brushed with a little white gesso.
The metal bee and ladybug are brushed with white gesso, then colored with Finnabair art waxes using a fine tip paint brush.
Texture is added by brushing around the cluster with Matte Gel Medium then sprinkling with prills and chunky glass glitter. There are also a few matte gold half pearls scattered around the vines. You can see the darling lady bug a little closer here.
Underneath the cluster, I've added a few tags and circles from the Tim Holtz Field Notes Ephemera set. The tags are inked around the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I've also tucked in a wooden button and a grey resin flower that has been dry brushed with gesso.
One final view.
Below you can find the products I used to create this project including some with compensated affiliate links to Scrapbook.com. These links are at absolutely no cost to you. When you shop through the links below, I receive a small commission from Scrapbook.com. These commissions help me cover the costs of my blog and other expenses, which allows me to continue to provide you with FREE inspiration along with Tips and Techniques provided for every project. Thank you so much for your love and support!
Amazing Paper Grace:
- Prima - Timeless Memories Collection - A4 Paper Pad
- Core'dinations - 8.5 x 11 Cardstock - Value Pack: White, 110lb
- Thin Chipboard from packaging
- Ranger Ink - Tim Holtz - Distress Ink Pads - Speckled Egg
- Ranger Ink - Tim Holtz - Distress Ink Pads - Vintage Photo
- Ranger Ink - Tim Holtz - Distress Collage Medium Matte
- Prima - Finnabair Collection - Art Alchemy - Acrylic Paint - Metallique - Mermaid Teal
- Prima - Finnabair Collection - Art Alchemy - Acrylic Paint - Metallique - Emerald Green
- Prima - Finnabair Collection - Art Basics - Matte Gel Medium
- Prima - Finnabair Collection - Art Alchemy - Antique Brilliance - Fire Ruby
- Prima - Finnabair Collection - Art Alchemy - Matte Wax Paste - Charcoal Black
- Prima - Finnabair Collection - Art Alchemy - Metallique Wax - Firebird
- Pinkfresh Studio - Metallic Pearls - Matte Gold
- Idea-ology - Tim Holtz - Ephemera Pack - Field Notes
- Dusty Attic - Vine Corner
- Little Birdie Crafts - Woodland Stories - Arcadia
- Little Birdie Crafts - Woodland Stories - Heleen
- Little Birdie Crafts - Woodland Stories - Wendy
- Little Birdie Crafts - Woodland Stories - Calypso
- Stampendous - Glass Glitter - Champagne
- US ArtQuest - Mini Prills - Taken for Granite
- Momenta - Metal Stickers - Insects
- Momenta - Wooden Buttons
- Bee Charms - Amazon
- Spellbinders - Platinum 6 - Die Cutting and Embossing Machine
- EK Success - EK Tools - Craft Tweezers
- Tonic Studios - Tim Holtz - 12.25 Inch Maxi Guillotine Trimmer
Thanks so much for stopping by to view my card. I hope you've been inspired.