Welcome to my creative space!
This fun summer card has a bit of a different look for me with this funky design using the fabulous Amazing Paper Grace Summer Label Motifs die set (S4-1220). The sweet sentiment comes from the Seasonal Motif Sentiments Stamp Set (STP-150).
I just adore these fun moths and flowers which are cut from 49 and Market papers and edged with distress ink to help them pop.
Be sure to scroll down through the tips and techniques section below to see how I created the yellow watercolor paper for the label center along with close-ups and many more details on how I put this sweet card together.
Thank you Amazing Paper Grace for providing the dies used in this project.
Tips and Techniques
I had some stamped watercolor paper that I created for the flowers on my previous project that had stamped darker than I wanted using a script stamp, but it was just perfect for the center of this label piece. I die cut the oval then spritzed it with water and used a wash brush to add a couple shades of yellow to give it beautiful color and dimension. Once dry, I added a touch of orange randomly across the piece with Rusty Hinge Distress Ink.
The label frame is cut from pink and blue papers from 49 and Market Spectrum Sherbet papers. To lighten them I dry brushed over the papers using a soft touch with white gesso. The label is popped up using foam tape. This adds dimension and gives room to tuck flowers and foliages beneath the edges.
This sweet sentiment comes from the coordination Amazing Paper Grace stamp set: Seasonal Motif Sentiments (STP-150). I used permanent black ink on white cardstock. Once dry, I used scissors to cut it out, then inked with Bundled Sage Distress Ink to coordinate with the foliage.
The darling moths are cut from patterned paper and the edges are inked to give definition. THe bodies are cut from Tim Holtz copper metallic card stock and inked with Finnabair Peacock Metallic Wax. I just adore how the copper peeks through the teal wax. This die set includes both leafy sprigs and individual leaf dies. It really includes everything you need to created a beautiful summery card.
Each of the flowers is cut from three to four layers of patterned paper in blues, pinks, and yellows. Each layer except the tiny center is inked with coordinating Distress Inks. I found a scrap of green patterned paper in my stash that coordinating perfectly to use for the die cut foliage. The leaves are edged with a bit of Bundled Sage Distress Ink.
To add a bit of texture, I brushed over the foliage with Finnabair Soft Gel Medium and dropped on pearl and silvery blue Prills.
Before adhering the label and elements, I spattered across the background with white ink. The color spatters you see are part of the beautiful 49 and Market printed paper. I've framed the card with the same paper used for the foliage. It's also edges with Distress Ink.
One final look.
Below you can find the products I used to create this project including some with compensated affiliate links to Scrapbook.com. These links are at absolutely no cost to you. When you shop through the links below, I receive a small commission from Scrapbook.com. These commissions help me cover the costs of my blog and other expenses, which allows me to continue to provide you with FREE inspiration along with Tips and Techniques provided for every project. Thank you so much for your love and support!
Amazing Paper Grace:
- Ranger Ink - Tim Holtz - Distress Watercolor Cardstock - 4.25 x 5.5 - 20 Pack
- Core'dinations - 8.5 x 11 Cardstock - Value Pack: White, 110lb
- 49 and Market - Spectrum Sherbet Collection - 6 x 8 Collection Pack - Tidal Wave
- 49 and Market - Spectrum Sherbet Collection - 6 x 8 Collection Pack - Strawberry Lemonade
- 49 and Market - Spectrum Sherbet Collection - 6 x 8 Collection Pack - Sherbet
- Idea-ology - Tim Holtz - 8 x 8 Kraft Stock - Metallic - 2 (Copper)
- Stash - Green Patterned Paper
- Tsukineko - VersaFine - Instant Dry Pigment Ink Pad - Onyx Black
- Ranger Ink - Tim Holtz - Distress Ink Pads - Uncharted Mariner
- Ranger Ink - Tim Holtz - Distress Ink Pads - Rusty Hinge
- Ranger Ink - Tim Holtz - Distress Ink Pads - Victorian Velvet
- Ranger Ink - Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads - Broken China
- Ranger Ink - Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads - Dried Marigold
- Ranger Ink - Tim Holtz - Distress Ink Pads - Wild Honey
- Ranger Ink - Tim Holtz - Distress Ink Pads - Bundled Sage
- M Graham Artist Watercolors
- Prima - Finnabair Collection - Art Alchemy - Metallique Wax - Peacock
- The Crafter's Workshop - Gesso - White - 8 Ounces
- Prima - Finnabair Collection - Soft Matte Gel Medium
- Higgins - Drawing Ink - White
- USArtquest - Prills - Ice Queen; Minnie Pearls
- Scrapbook.com - Clear Double Sided Adhesive Roll - 1/4 Inch - Permanent
- Tombow - Mono Multi Liquid Glue
- Scrapbook.com - Double Sided Adhesive Foam Squares - Large Squares
- Beacon - 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue
- Beacon - Fabri-Tac