Tuesday, June 18, 2013

"Abby" details for ScrapThat!

My parents' home is on a small lake and is a family gathering place. This fun photo is my niece showing off her dirty hands from her afternoon of fishing. As you can see by her captivating smile, she enjoys fishing!  I used the fabulous ScrapThat! June Kit featuring the Prima Sunrise Sunset Collection and pulled the blues from the lake to accent the page.

"Abby"
MK, EAO, FAO

I used the Dusty Attic May sketch for inspiration:

Tips and Techniques:

Zipper Flower ~ Isn't this Prima zipper flower from the Flower Add-On Kit just gorgeous.

Altered Flowers ~ I altered FAO Kit flowers to coordinate with this LO and to bring in the blues of the lake. The Petaloo mulberry paper flowers were brushed with teal and blue mists. The larger paper Petaloo flower was painted with Lumiere paints, while I highlighted the MK tissue paper flower and carnation with a touch of rust ink. 

Handcrafted flowers ~ The rust color flowers were created using kit cardstock. For the larger one ~ the outer petals are cut with Donna Salazar's Grand Peony Spellbinder dies then embossed with a brocade embossing folder and topped with a Donna Salazar Bitty Blossoms Spellbinder rolled flower. The smaller flowers are also cut with the Bitty Blossoms dies.


Twine Flowers ~ I used jute string and bamboo cording from Really Reasonable Ribbon to create the twine flowers and added EAO Kit buttons and gems for centers. My tutorial for the twine flowers can be found here

Stenciling ~ I added copper paint to ceramic stucco medium and used a stencil to add the quarter round floral design. 

Painted Chipboard ~ I used Lumiere metallic and pearlized paints on the Dusty Attic chipboard from my stash and inked the stems and leaf edges with a darker green.





Alcohol Inked Butterflies ~ You can just see the edge of the wings here, but these sweet Maya Road metal butterflies are in the EAO Kit. It is so easy to dab alcohol ink onto nonporous embellies to change up the color. 

Altered Kit Flowers ~ You can really see how I transformed these pale lavender flowers to teal/blue. To get the shaded blue accents, I spritzed some mist on my craft mat and used a paint brush to add the darker blue on just one side of each petal. 


Distressing ~ You know how much I enjoy using my Donna Salazar Distrezz-It-All to make fast work of these wonderful distressed edges. 




Layered Doilies ~ I inked the Main Kit doilies and die cut another using Spellbinders Ironwork Accents and layered them at the photo's corner to add a sunny day accent to the blues of the photo. 


Clip ~ The Idea-ology hinge clip from the MK is such a fun accent here. 


Painted Mesh ~ I just adore the black mesh included in the Main Kit. I used it on all of my pages. I painted it then scratched off bits of the paint to expose the black for a grungy look.

Corrugated Board ~ This corrugated photo mat was created with cardboard from a shipping box. I pulled the top layer off, roughly tore to size and painted with gesso. I then inked with blue and sprinkled on clear embossing powder to give the feel of the watery blue from the lake. 

Vintage Map Page ~ During my days of home educating, I collected scores of old (now outdated) books including one with gorgeous color maps which has now moved into my scrapbooking stash. I used a snippet under the photo. 


Title ~ The Prima Sunrise Sunset has to be my favorite Alpha set!! I love all the different shapes and sizes of little letters including these typeset letters used for my title.


The June Kit and Add-ons are currently available in the ScrapThat! Store.

Thanks for stopping by! I treasure your comments.

~ Blessings ~

Follow on Bloglovin

16 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS!! I need to try and make those twine flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful Tracey. I love your twine flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous flowers and I love the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonerful page with great cluster work!
    byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layout!! The zipper flower looks amazing!! Love the beautiful colors and design!! The picture is adorable!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. stunning page, love all the pretty details!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow this os amazing love this greetings Janneke

    ReplyDelete
  8. wowza just soooo Gorgeous design

    Hugs Carla

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautifully done Tracey. Absolutely stunning creation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. GREAT photo...LOOOOVE the clip & the doilies behind & most of all, those sensational flowers....just sooo evocative of summer:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning, that zipper flower is amazing, love the way you do flower clusters!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous!! LOVING that sweet photo, the colors and the flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the outside border and pretty page.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tracey this is beautiful! so many wonderful unusual accents. as always amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Incredible layout Tracey. Love that zipper flower and the colours you've incorporated are just gorgeous. Stunning!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh love the addition of the contrasting blues & metallics - looks fabulous Tracey!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and leave a message! I treasure your comments.