Monday, October 5, 2015

October Craft Hoarders Anonymous Monthly Blog Hop

Welcome to the October Craft Hoarders Anonymous Blog Hop! 

I hope you're enjoying the inspiration from this group of amazingly talented "craft hoarders!" It's such a treat to be part of this group of artists who are as lovely and generous as they are talented!

You should be coming to my blog from Amber Milone. After visiting me, hop over to Donna Idlet next! To start at the beginning of the hop, and for the full list of bloggers,  please head over to Gloria's Blog!

Please note ~ I have a winner for my September blog hop prize.
Congratulations to Deborah Ehrhardt.
Details HERE.

My mom and dad are celebrating 56 years of marriage this year.
To celebrate this amazing milestone, 
I've created a card for them using my crafty hoard.

"Cherish" Anniversary Card

Tips and Technqiues
Sometimes I have extras from the kits I work with and try to use them up before they become part of my ancient hoard. For this card, I've combined some of the newer BoBunny Juliet collection and Prima Flowers along with items I've had in my stash er . . . hoard for years.

I won some chipboard from Gina's Designs in a blog hop a few years ago and thought this intricate heart would be perfect here. One of my favorite ways to dress up chipboard is oh so simple ~ heat embossing. I used Stampendous Fran-tage Aged Ivory Embossing Enamel to get the two-toned finish.

These delightful Prima flowers are from a recent Scraps of Elegance kit. I've paired them with Wild Orchid Crafts rosebuds and stamen.

I also like to splatter my backgrounds. I've used white gesso, black drawing ink, and BoBunny Bronze Glimmer Spray

This sweet Prima butterfly is also left from a Scraps of Elegance Kit. The trail is a snippet of a BoBunny Jewel pearl swirl. (Thanks Juliana Michaels for sharing your BoBunny stash with me!)

I've layered BoBunny Juliet paper pieces with Noteworthy die cuts. I've inked all the edges for definition. The piece that says "The Year Was" is so perfect for this card. I stamped the year my parents were married into the printed circles.

I've popped up some of the layers with Helmar Zapdots for added dimension. The stamped anniversary sentiment is raised in the center by adhering just the ends - pushed closer together than the actual length, so the center pops up.

Here's a view of the inside of the card. Simple, but lovely. I inked the edges and placed this cut out from Juliet Prose across the center, then die cut an ancient piece of BoBunny Et Cetera paper that coordinates perfectly to stamp my sentiment. 

Here's a little tip ~ stamp your sentiment on the paper first. Then center your die over the stamped image to get it perfectly centered. Place a couple pieces of washi over the die and the outside portion of the paper to hold everything in place and run through your die cut machine.

One final shot. Here you can see the lovely lace I tucked in. A gorgeous piece I've had languishing in my hoard from Really Reasonable Ribbon.

I hope you've been inspired to give some of your old stash new life by mixing it with items left over from more recent projects.

Your next stop on the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Blog Hop is the talented Donna Idlet. If you have dropped by my blog and would like to start at the beginning, be sure to hop on over to Gloria's blog HERE

Follow me here:

Other links:

Products
BoBunny ~ Juliet - Nostalgia (SOE)
BoBunny ~ Juliet - Prose (SOE)
BoBunny ~ Juliet - Noteworthy (SOE)
BoBunny ~ DoubleDot - Flourish, Chiffon
BoBunny ~ Et Cetera - Index
Prima Flowers ~ Esperanza - Querida #581930 (SOE)
Prima Flowers ~ Isabella - Pia #581725 (SOE)
Gina’s Designs ~ Romance - Heart
Crochet Lace - Juliet 5/8”, Natural (from Really Reasonable Ribbon)
Wild Orchid Crafts ~ Stamen
Wild Orchid Crafts ~ 4mm Rosebuds - Pastel Tone
BoBunny ~ Glaze Jewels
Liquitex ~ Gesso, white
Donna Salazar for Clearsnap ~ Mix’d Media Inx CHOX - Sparrow
Ranger ~ Archival Ink - Jet Black
Ranger ~ Perfect Medium
Stampendous ~ Fran-tage - Embossing Enamel, Aged Ivory
Higgins ~ Drawing Ink, black
BoBunny ~ DoubleDot - Glimmer Spray - bronze, gold
Mister Hueys’s ~ Color Mists - opaque white
Studio G ~ Clear Stamps - Numbers
Anniversary Stamp (from Hobby Lobby)
Spellbinders ~ Opulent Ovals
Tombow ~ Multi Mono Liquid Glue
Helmar ~ Super-Tac EVA Glue
Helmar ~ Zapdots - Square 1/2” clear
Darice Heat Tool
Tim Holtz ~ Grid Blocks
Sizzix ~ Big Shot
Martha Stewart ~ Mini Scoring Board


Thanks for stopping by! I treasure your comments.

~ Blessings ~

18 comments:

  1. Fabulous anniversary card, Tracey! The layering and details are amazing. Congratulations to your parents on their 56th wedding anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooooooo gorgeous! LOVING all the details!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is incredible. Such beauty...I just want to linger and enjoy every little detail. Congratulations to your parents on their wedding anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card... love all the details !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a beautiful card! Your parents are going to love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tracey, this is stunning! Perfect combination of old and new products.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card Tracey. So many layers and details.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, beautiful card! Congratulations to your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is simply beautiful and when I read about all the details, I've come to believe it is truly a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not here for the hop....but just to say it's a gorgeous card...love all the elements & how you tuck lots of bits on, like the lace.... & that's a great milestone for your folks to achieve.....matches the great card perfectly!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tracey - so gorgeous and elegant! The papers, flowers, lace and pearls are all so pretty! And, wow - what an amazing number of years to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card, you are just the most talented artist, your designs should be framed and displayed for all to see.

    Hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Tracey! Congrats to your parents too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Tracey. Your work is always so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, the layers on this are so scrumptious! I just love all the detail and the wonderful artsy quality of this gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. stunning card and work!! LOVE your layers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning card,love it! Congratulations to your parents,great anniversary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely amazingly wondrous! I love digging into my hoard to find hidden treasure, too! This is so amazing. I wish your parents all the best on their anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and leave a message! I treasure your comments.