This is our son Joseph at his 5th birthday party nearly 20 years ago. Yes, as the journaling says, I baked and decorated the cake. What a fun challenge at ScrapFIT to create your own polaroids.
Do you remember when Polaroid photos were the hot new way to take photos! Well, this workout is a tribute to the Polaroid! We want to see a layout with a Polaroid photo. Don't have a Polaroid photo, don't worry you can create a fake Polaroid just like in my layout below.
The winner of this Workout will receive a $25.00 Gift Certificate from
My Favorite Things
Be sure to head on over to ScrapFIT to see the rest of the fab Polaroid projects posted by our talented DT, and to link up your very own Polaroid project by June 30.
1. Focal paper ~ I used this gorgeous paper from the Pink Paisley Mistables Pack. I tore about 1/4 inch off all around the edge and then used random punches, tearing between the punched areas. I used a corner punch in each corner. I didn't have quite the right color of mist, so I mixed some acrylic paint with water to mist. It was the perfect color, but kind of an oops. The paint didn't resist, so I ended up scraping the thin layer of paint off of the resist sections. A bit tedious, but it sure looks pretty. Regular glimmer mist, or home mist with a water soluble product like distress reinkers would have worked fine and wiped right off the shiny resist areas. Don't you just love how hind sight is 20/20!!
The rest of the papers are Authetique blue/cream Journey Fold Over Solids and white cardstock colored with Distress Ink. I used gesso to soften the darker blue paper behind the photos and the Donna Salazar Distrezz-It-All to distress all the edges. The ironwork shapes are cut from my CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge. I won a Cricut last fall and this is the only cartridge I have bought. It has some amazing images, and if you are looking for a CTMH consultant, Mandy will be glad to help you.
2. Flower Cluster ~ The flowers were created by layering, inking and adding gesso to several different Prima flowers. I wanted to stay with a blue/white color scheme, so I die cut the leaves using my Spellbinder Foliage and Donna Salazar Rose Creations dies. I then creased/shaped, then inked and painted with spots of gesso. A little note here. I blended on two colors of Distress Ink - broken china and stormy sky. Both here and on the flowers, the color was a bit bolder and brighter than I wanted, so I spritzed with water and that blended and softened the color quite nicely. I dried using a heat tool before adding the gesso. I finished up by added a couple Zva pearl flourishes which I cut apart. as well as placing some on the bottoms of my faux Polaroids.
3. Polaroids ~ I found the dimensions of a Polaroid and cut some glossy paper that I had laying around to size. I actually cut it twice as long plus an extra half inch on the bottom front and used my Martha Stewart Cutting Board to score the fold lines so I could tuck my photo in like a real Polaroid. So there are three layers, The front with the cutout, the photo, and a solid back.
4. Flags ~ I used a set of CTMH stamps for "Happy" and "Birthday" using the same colors of distress inks, then hand cut the flags, distressing the edges. I painted two toothpicks white for the flag "poles."
I am entering this layout at:
Once Upon A Sketch ~ Using the June sketch, Birthday Theme, with journaling **
Scrapbook Sisters ~ Use three colors - Blue, white, cream (pearls). **
SJ Crafts ~ Challenge #5 "All About the Boy" and something old from my stash. Glossy paper used for Polaroids - 4 years old. **
Thanks for stopping by! I treasure your comments.
~ Blessings ~