Thursday, November 25, 2010

Sister Friends Bo Bunny Layout Challenge Friday Entry

I created this layout for Bo Bunny Layout Challenge Friday using a beautiful sketch by Sketchabilities:


I enjoyed using these older photos of Grace and Elizabeth.  They were taken at Memorial Garden from when we lived in North Carolina. 


I used:
-Bo Bunny Love Shack Baby, Love Shack Party, Love Shack Shake, and Orange Citrus Dot papers
-Bo Bunny ICandy Jewels
-Bo Bunny ribbon

I drew inspiration from Mich's fabulous layout featured in Scrap-Friendzy's Scraplift "This" or "That" Challenge #7.  I love the circles and stitching she used, so instead of stitching on the circles, I created a woven circle around the photos by hand stitching with 2 strands of embroidery floss using a template that I created for this layout.  I have uploaded the file at the end of this post in a PNG format that can be sized for your particular layout.  

Then in place of the circles, I found a tulip design that I liked and created a template used to hand cut the flower pieces which were then inked and pieced together.  

Mich's layout:

I tried out a new flower design by cutting three nine petal flowers and stamens with my Gazelle.  Using water distressing, I crumpled the flower petals and when dried shaped them, then added the stamens topped by an ICandy Jewel.  I hope to shoot some close-ups of these and post them tomorrow.

To download full at full resolution, click on image, then click on image again.  Right click and select "Save Image As . . ." to bring up the window asking where to save it on your computer ~ enjoy!

~ BLESSINGS ~

2 comments:

  1. Very nice page!!! Love this idea - it looks gorgerous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty layout!
    Love this scraplift of Mich's page!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and leave a message! I treasure your comments.