My mom has such lovely flowers blooming in her garden every year. These lupines were blooming at our Memorial Day gathering there a few years back.
Amy over at Scrap-Friendzy had a great pre-crop challenge posted this week. Her recipe:
-The word "LOVE" ~ on the tag
-The color PINK (any shade) ~ photo mat and flower centers
-Distressed paper (either torn, tattered or inked) ~ photo mat, tag, and twisted wires
-An EMBOSSED element (dry or heat embossed) ~ leaves
-A NON-SCRAPPY element ~ chicken wire, twisted wire, old t-shirt, and gold tulle netting looped behind flower.
Here is my take on the challenge:
For the flower centers, I punched a 2 inch circle and put a small hole in the center. I took a 6 inch strip of 1/2 inch wide, white ribbed T-shirt fabric and pulled one end through the circle. Then I started twisting and as I twisted, I spread FabriTac glue on the circle to hold down the fabric as I formed the flower. When I got to the end, I cut the cardstock circle down to size and glued the end of the fabric strip to the back of the circle. To make them pink, I tapped my tattered rose Distress ink pad on my non-stick craft sheet. When I had a nice layer of ink put down, I spritzed it lightly with water, then rubbed my rosettes in the pink ink. To soften the color and spread it out more, I then spritzed the flower with water and played with them until I had the color I was looking for. When dry, I spread tattered rose Distress Stickles on the raised portions of the rosettes. At first I was going to make a flower cluster with them, but after playing around, ended up using them as flower centers for these larger fabric flowers.
For the leaves, I used a foam leaf stamp by coating it with adhesive from an embossing pad, then stamped on the green patterned paper. I heat embossed clear embossing powder on the stamped image. Once it cooled off I rubbed several colors of Distress ink into the paper around the embossed area which acted as a resist. Then I cut out the leaves and curled them slightly for dimension.
I also twisted craft wire to fashion the wire hanger at the top of the layout - to give it a distressed appearance, I brushed portions of it with black alcohol ink.
The photo mats and tag were distressed, and I added ink to the edges of the tag.
The focal background paper is from K & and Company as well as the paper for the tag.
The photo mats and leaves were created from my scrap stash.
The chicken wire was from my scrap friend, Brenda, who enabled me in my odd request last year when I asked for the wire to put on a page of us buying their DD's 4-H chickens.
The craft wire is left from my days of beading, and
The ribbon is from my hoard of ribbon
I am also entering this layout in the following contests:
Cards and Things Color Challenge #65 to use concord crush ~ purple, bashful blue, and pear pizzazz ~ green.
Kabookle Doodles Challenge #53 ~ Break out that ribbon
Simon Says Stamp and Show some embossing ~ My leaves were heat embossed
Simon Says anything but a card ~ I am entering a scrapbook layout using Tim Holtz distress ink and stickles
Woodware USA ~ Use ribbon and/or bows in your creation ~ I used several kind of ribbon in my LO.
Sweet Stampin Challenge Blog ~ spring flowers ~ I used a stamp to emboss the leaves
Thanks for taking the time to stop by!
~ Blessings ~