Maria is feeding a goat at the Cabarrus Count Fair. Aren't they cute?
I was so excited to see the challenge over at ScrapFIT to create a layout using a sheet of card stock and scraps. I save my scraps and go to them frequently when I need a bit of paper. I used five different scraps on this page.
Yes, my background paper is a sheet of plain Jane light gray card stock. I used clear embossing powder to rubber stamp the image randomly across the paper, then rubbed two colors of Distress Ink over the page - more heavily at the edges. The embossed areas don't take the ink, so the background paper shows through. I watched a video earlier this week about inking on the Pink Paislee resist paper and thought to myself, why can't I do my own embossing? This was my first attempt, and I am so happy with the way it turned out.
The larger flowers were cut on my Gazelle from scraps, shaped and chalk inked. The stamens were punched from another scrap with my new McGill starburst punch. I was thrilled to find this gem of a punch on my last trip to Archivers. I put a dot of Distress Stickles on the end of each stamen, and had just enough of these pearls left to put in the center of each flower. The smaller flowers were left-over from a previous page and started out white. I spritzed them with left-over home made glimmer mist then chalked the edges to coordinate with the page.
I rarely use stick-on letters, so I didn't have any in my stash that would remotely work, so I cut the title from a scrap using two different fonts. The blue paper started out white and is something that I had inked and had left-over from another layout. The doily was a summer garage sale find that I landed for a nickel.
I used sketch #10 from Scrap-Friendzy's January Sketch-a-thon for my inspiration.
I also entered this in the Creative Cowgirls' Something New Challenge #4
The something new is the embossed and inked background paper and use of my new punch to create the stamens for the larger flowers.
Thanks for stopping by to take a look.
~ Blessings ~