Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Tropical Birdhouse for ScrapBerry's

 
Welcome to my creative space!

I'm back to share my latest ScrapBerry's project with you. The ScrapBerry's Tropics collection is so gorgeous with it's bold, summery colors. It was just perfect to adorn this sweet tropical birdhouse.

The current challenge theme at ScrapBerry's is summer.
You can find all the challenge details HERE.

FTC Disclosure: I am currently working as a freelance designer for ScrapBerry's. While I am compensated in product, I maintain the freedom as an independent designer to say what I truly think of these products and will not recommend something that I don’t personally use and enjoy.

Tips and Techniques
I've adorned the birdhouse with tropical colored flowers including ScrapBerry's Green Curly Rose and White Cream Daisy. You know I always need at least a little grungy texture, so added Finnabair's Prima Art Stones and Mini Art Stones around the bottom of the house. I brushed them with Lindy's Stamp Gang Golden Sleigh Bells Starburst.

Here's a tip for transforming a wooden birdhouse with ScrapBerry's beautiful paper. I first created a template from white cardstock to fit the bird house, then traced it onto the patterned paper. The cut outs fit the little house perfectly. 

Before adding the paper, I primed the wood surfaces with white gesso, then painted a luscious green to coordinate with the paper.

ScrapBerry’s Supply List:
Tropics ~ Secret Garden (SCB220609402)

Paper Flowers ~ Curly Rose - Green (SCB280603)
Paper Flowers ~ Daisy - White Cream (SCB280302)

Other Products 
Unfinished Wood Bird House
Darice ~ Nature’s Friends - Mushroom Bird
Wild Orchid Crafts ~ Miniature Sweetheart Blossom - Mixed Pastel
Home Inspirations ~ Bark Roll - Green
Prima ~ Art Extravagance - Art Stones #963712
Prima ~ Art Extravagance - Mini Art Stones #963705
Prima ~ Art Basics ~ Soft Matte Gel
Liquitex ~ Gesso, White
Lindy’s Stamp Gang ~ Starburst - Golden Sleigh Bells
Americana ~ Acrylic Paint - Hauser Light Green
Helmar ~ 450 Quick Dry Adhesive


Thanks for stopping by! I treasure your comments.

~ Blessings ~

3 comments:

  1. I just love your birdhouse, so beautiful. Love how you did the roof.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Tracey...first I'd like to thank you for the kind comments you left me! Its been too long since I've visited...You are so creative! The bird house is adorable, love the papers! The tiny pebbles look fabulous, along with the pretty flowers! Happy Monday to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and leave a message! I treasure your comments.