Sunday, February 19, 2017

Mixed Media Floral Tags for ScrapBerry's

ScrapBerry's Birds of Paradise Mixed Media Tags
Welcome back to my creative space. Today I'm sharing a set of tags featuring the beautiful ScrapBerry's Birds of Paradise Collection along with sweet embellishments that coordinate perfectly. A complete product list can be found at the bottom of this post.

FTC Disclosure: I am currently working as a freelance designer for ScrapBerry's. While I am compensated in product, I maintain the freedom as an independent designer to say what I truly think of these products and will not recommend something that I don’t personally use and enjoy.

Tips and TechniquesScrapBerry's Birds of Paradise Mixed Media Tags
I paired a Pink Clove paper flower with a sweet Versailles Resin Chrysanthemum for this delicate cluster.

I like to have a selection of all occasion gift tags on hand for when I am putting gift packages together so this "delight" flair button is simply perfect for the sentiment.

ScrapBerry's Birds of Paradise Mixed Media Tags
The flowers are dry brushed with white gesso to soften. I brushed gel medium around the cluster and sprinkled with Prills and microbeads for added texture.

I inked the edges of the chipboard birds with Distress Ink, then lightly dry brushed with white gesso. The background is stenciled with molding paste, then spritzed with beige and primrose mist. Once dry, I added a bit of white spatter with drawing ink.

ScrapBerry's Birds of Paradise Mixed Media Tags
A close-up of the second tag. Here I used a pink daisy in place of the clove flower. The sentiment is stamped with the Happy Day Clear Stamps Set.

ScrapBerry's Birds of Paradise Mixed Media Tags
In this shot you can see another of the delicate resin Chrysanthemums. Don't you just adore how the dry brushed gesso brings out the texture?

ScrapBerry's Birds of Paradise Mixed Media Tags
I just adore the bird chipboard in the Birds of Paradise Set and it was so easy to color them by edging with Distress Ink and gesso.

My dear friend, Juliana Michaels recently gave me a set of Jillibean Soup Chipboard Tags. I traced the tag shape onto the paper and adhered with soft matte gel. To make sure the paper was securely attached, I rolled over the paper firmly with a brayer while the gel was still wet. Once dry, I trimmed off any excess paper then sanded the edges. You can view Juliana's amazing work on her blog, 17turtles.

 I hope you've been inspired to grab your ScrapBerry's
products to create some tags of your own.

ScrapBerry's Supply List
Birds of Paradise ~ At Sunset (SCB220606304)
Birds of Paradise ~ Warbles (SCB220606301)

Birds of Paradise ~ Chipboard Die-Cuts No1 (SCB62000110)
Versailles ~ Set of Chrysanthemums (SCB250001088)
Flair Embellishments (SCB340001082)
Paper Flowers ~ Daisy - Pink (SCB280307)
Paper Flowers ~ Clove - Pink (SCB280408)
Wax String ~ White and Beige (SCB20020333074)
Happy Day Clear Stamps (SCB4907084)

Other Products
Jillibean Soup ~ Chipboard Tags
Wild Orchid Crafts ~ Rosebuds - Mixe Pink Tone
Wild Orchid Crafts ~ Hip Rosebuds - Pastel Tone
Wild Orchid Crafts ~ 10mm Open Roses - 2-Tone Pink
Prima ~ Art Basics - Soft Matte Gel
Liquitex ~ Gesso - Clear, white
Golden Regular Gel (Matte)
Golden ~ Light Molding Paste
Ranger ~ Distress Ink - Pumice Stone
TSUKIMEKO ~ Archival Brilliance Ink - Pearlescent Chocolate
Lindy’s Stamp Gang ~ Starburst - Clam Bake Beige
Heidi Swapp ~ Color Shine - Primrose
Higgins ~ Drawing Ink - White
US ArtQuest - Mini Prills - Silver Lining
Martha Stewart ~ Microbeads - Pink Sapphire
The Crafter’s Workshop 6x6 Stencil - Mini Butterfly Collage
Helmar ~ 450 Quick Dry Adhesive
Tombow ~ MONO Multi Liquid Glue
Hampton Art ~ Stamp Perfect
Speedball Roller (Brayer)



Thanks for stopping by! I treasure your comments.

~ Blessings ~

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and leave a message! I treasure your comments.