Monday, December 5, 2016

Make a Wish Card for ScrapBerry's


Hello my sweet paper crafting friends. I've created this sweet Christmas card featuring the beautiful ScrapBerry's Once Upon a Winter and Happy Holiday's Collections. I’ve blended my shabby mixed media style with this adorable image from the Once Upon a Winter collection. 

I'm up on the ScrapBerry's blog HERE.
Thanks for dropping by their blog to leave a comment. 

FTC Disclosure: I am currently working as a freelance designer for ScrapBerry's. While I am compensated in product, I maintain the freedom as an independent designer to say what I truly think of these products and will not recommend something that I don’t personally use and enjoy.

Tips and Techniques
I’ve used ScrapBerry’s Magnolia and Clove flowers edged with snowflake paste as the focal point of the cluster and edged some of the background paper layers with snowflake paste as well. The ScrapBerry’s Shabby Ribbon ties up into a gorgeous bow.

I tucked in a Once Upon a Winter snowflake and holly brad next to the sentiment. The background is stenciled to add texture using a blend of whipped spackle and super fine glitter. It’s a great way to get the sparkle of glitter without the mess. To add more texture, the edges of the paper layers are inked then distressed.

The holly image is fussy cut then edged with snowflake paste. The shimmer on the berries is added with a Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush. There are two more holly cut outs tucked into the flower cluster as well.

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you’ve been inspired to grab your ScrapBerry’s Christmas paper to create cards for the special people in your life.


ScrapBerry's Products
Once Upon a Winter ~ Fun & Joy SCB220605609
Once Upon a Winter ~ Bullfinches SCB220605603
Happy Holidays Collection ~ Holiday Fun SCB220605502
Once Upon a Winter ~ Brad Set #SCB340978
Once Upon a Winter ~ Set of Metal Embellishments with Epoxy #SCB340997
Paper Flowers ~ Clove Burgundy SCB280409
Paper Flowers ~ Gardenia - 7cm, White SCB300103
Shabby Ribbon, light brown SCB510107

Other Products
Cardstock ~ Kraft - Stash
Prima ~ Trims - Magnolia, Posey #583033
Tim Holtz ~ Idea-ology - Trimmings
Wild Orchid Crafts ~ Gypsophila Flowers, white
Explorer by Traditions ~ Jewelry Findings - Medallion 
Liquitex ~ Gesso - clear
Donna Salazar with Clearsnap ~ Twinkle Dust Glitter - Sugar Shimmer
Prima ~ Art Extravagance - Snowflake Paste #962906
Faber-Castell ~ Whipped Spackle
Tim Holtz with Ranger ~ Distress Ink - Pumice Stone, Black Soot
The Crafter’s Workshop ~ 6x6 Stencil - Mini Well Rounded
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L ~ Crafty Foam Tape, white
Helmar ~ Premium Craft Glue

Thanks for dropping by! I treasure your comments.

~ Blessings ~

2 comments:

  1. Your Christmas card is beautiful Tracey. So much texture and detail put into this project xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card!I love the different textures!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and leave a message! I treasure your comments.