Hi everyone. I can't believe how fast November is flying by. Our US Thanksgiving is just over a week away, so it's time to be thankful for all the amazing people our Lord has brought into my life and the many blessings that have come my way. I hope that you have some wonderful blessings to reflect upon as well.
Today I would like to share some close-up shots and details for this layout I created with the fabulous ScrapThat! November Kit, Flower Add-On Kit, and Embellishment Add-On Kit. Do you ever go back and tweak your layouts after you finish them? I don't tweak often, but if you notice a couple changes here from my previous blog hop/reveal post, you are quite astute. I misted the white kit flowers and tucked the door behind my banner. :-)
Our son and his lovely bride on their December 2011 wedding day during their private vows. Our son's vows were more like a book - three pages of them. I pray that he continues to treat Rachel like the precious gift she is for many years to come.
The current Bird of the Word challenge is to use one or more of these words: winter, spring, summer, and/or fall. Under the key are the words "Winter Wedding." Joseph and Rachel were married in December with the church and reception decorated for their lovely winter wedding!!
Fussy Cutting ~ The leafy vines and scalloped banner pieces were fussy cut from the gorgeous Bo Bunny Serenade papers.
Pleated Ribbon ~ I pleated the length of white ribbon and adhered with bits of super sticky red backed tape. I used Hercules Tape, but any of the red backed varieties would work. I then cut out the solid center of the doily and adhered the pleated ribbon strip around the inside doily edge.
Prima Door ~ No technique here, but what a great kit piece to work with!! I love how this looks next to the photo!!
Handcrafted Flowers ~ I used a couple new dies for rolled flowers for the handcrafted flowers: Donna Salazar's Spellbinder Bitty Blossoms, and the Tim Holz Sizzix Tattered Pinecone - which also makes a wonderful rose. I inked the edges before rolling and forming the flowers.
Distress Stickles ~ I fussy cut this dragonfly, then painted distress stickles across the wings and body. A couple mini rhinestones were alcohol inked for the eyes. I love using EK Success Honey Bee scissors for my fussy cutting.
Misting ~ I used the remainder of my white kit flowers, but they stuck out a bit much among the yellow/brown flowers, so a couple of quick spritzes with some brown glimmer mist, was the perfect remedy. Aren't these crystal encrusted prima leaves gorgeous!! No need to mist these beauties.
Inking ~ The yellow Bo Bunny Serenade paper was quite bright, so I toned it down by applying some burlap Distress Ink.
Modeling Paste ~ There are so many fun things you can do with modeling paste!! Here I used it with a stencil to create my title.
Alcohol Ink ~ The little metal dragonfly was an antiqued metal piece in my stash. I used a paint brush to apply some orange alcohol ink to the wings and brown on the body.
Flourishes ~ This was an easy way to bring some weight to my smaller title. The paper flourish was die cut and a similar Zva Creative pearl flourish placed over the paper one.
Distressing ~ Of course I used my handy Donna Salazar Distrezz-It-All by Zutter to distress all the straight edges!!
I am blessed to work in an industry I love. In the spirit of full disclosure, I am currently working as a freelance designer in some capacity for the following companies: Donna Salazar Designs, Scraps of Elegance, Leaky Shed Studio, and Helmar. While I am compensated by these companies in product, I maintain the freedom as an independent designer to say what I truly think of their products. I will never recommend something that I don't personally use and enjoy.