Saturday, March 31, 2012

You'll Be My Friend Forever ~ Reveal for The Stamping Scrapper

It's reveal day for the Shannon's gorgeous sketch at the Scrapping Stamper.

This photo of Elizabeth and Maria hugging is so precious on a beautiful spring day back when we lived in North Carolina. The Bo Bunny Country Garden collection was perfect to scrap this photo. 


 Here is Shannon's fabulous sketch:


Be sure to head on over to The Scrapping Stamper to see what her design team did with this fab sketch. 

Here are some technique details:

Layered Twine Flower ~ You can find the tutorial for my twine flower here. Underneath the twine flower, I used the tattered floral die to cut fabric and netting. I also used a daisy die to cut a paper flower from blue paper which I inked the edges. The fabric was cut from a white shear fabric which I dabbed with blue distress ink to color. I topped it off with an adhesive flower center by Petaloo. 

Crocheted Flowers - I crocheted the little white flowers, inked the edges and added a rhinestone to the center of each. 

Leaves ~ I used the Spellbinder Foliage Shapeablilities Die to cut the leaves, then folded and crimped the leaves and inked for added dimension. 

Prima Build-a-Frame Stamps ~ My friend, Mandy, helped me locate these fabulous stamps that I used to frame the corners of this layout. The image in the bottom corner includes the words that I used for my journaling. "I love you and I like you and you'll be my friend forever."

Banners ~ I was thinking about buying the Tim Holtz Banner strip, but when I looked at it, I realized it was just paper strips with cut ends and I figured it wouldn't take any longer to fussy cut them with my Honey Bee Scissors (the best scissors I've found for fussy cutting) than running the die through my Bigshot. So, cut I did. I then folded and inked to get the shabby banner effect. 

Bead Dangles ~ I found this fabulous earring finding on clearance at my favorite craft store, Pat Catan's, and added the yellow shaped beads to the ends of the chain and if you look closely - very closely indeed, you'll see a tiny yellow bead in the bottom loop of each as well. 

Stick Pin ~ I created this stick pin from a pearl topped floral pin and some beads left over from my jewelry making days. I simply placed the beads on the pin and glued the bottom bead to hold it in place. 

If you keep looking, you'll see other techniques I've done before like the dictionary page ~ of course with the word sister, painted metal, stitched and distressed photo edges, real chicken wire, fussy cut and stickled butterflies, lace, painted resin, inked paper edges . . .

I'm entering this layout in:

City Crafter Challenge Blog CCCB#102 ~ use the spring color pallet Pinks, Yellow, Blue, Green (April 2)


Thanks for stopping by! I treasure your comments.

~ Blessings ~

12 comments:

  1. Hi Tracey, WOW so so much technique wrapped into one layout! Love all the special little details and how you have pulled them all together. Such a sweet photo too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! love all of the details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwwwwwwww! This is AMAZING! I love love love the colors and LOVEEEEEEEEEEE the flowers!!! Just BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning page so many sweet details you have used.
    byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi.. this is really really beautiful Tracey! love all of it.. so many details to admire... gorgeous layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful LO as always :) Love the color combo and the stamping you did in the corners. The punched edges you added to the blur strip is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning! So many intricate & delicate elements that cradle the photos beautifully.
    You created another beauty my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much detail Tracey..beautiful LO
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous page.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful lo! LOVE all the details! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is very beautiful, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Incredibly beautiful page ... thanks so much for sharing with us at CCCB

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and leave a message! I treasure your comments.